Monday, September 17, 2018

T Stands for Tuesday

  Tuesday's is when we share a drink related post with friends.  Just show a photo of your beverage and join us with Bleubeard and Elizabeth-our hostess. Find the link to join us for T in my right hand column.

   This past week we have been back to the 90's again-sigh, but we are dark in the mornings now, and dark early evening-so it Is September ha ha. 
     Also the hummingbirds are mostly off on their migration journey. The last numbers of them left on Sunday. We still have a few stopping by. I keep out two feeders til the end of the month-for those last few travelers. We have five more days of summer til the official day of autumn-and here in the Ozarks summer temps are definately sticking around til the weekend..

      I have not had the chance to make art or crafts since my last indigo dye day on silk scarves which has me wanting to take a day off to just play.
    Been painting the hallway though-the ceilings are finished and one section of the walls are almost done-just need to go back over it to make sure all is covered. The textures and using a brush-is hard to get it all covered the first coat.

   We spent another morning looking at lake houses and property that we found online. We drove in an area we have never been before. Very country with farms mixed in with woods, very curvy hilly road, that led down to the lake-interesting and pretty area. When we got to where we needed to be was a disappointment-a little too primitive and too far away from shopping or doctors-so not good for our age now. Also this section by the lake was all narrow gravel roads-didn't like that.
   The other one we checked out we loved the property, but after talking with a neighbor that side of the lake had no depth of water-so no good for us. So we are still on the adventure to find what will fit both of us: deep water for year round fishing, big enough space for us, and an area  for me to set up cooking outdoors with my dutch ovens. I also want a large room for my crafts and we need a room for two large chest freezers and a pantry.

   I have been wanting to bake up a lemon meringue pie and I also had a taste for a big pot of chili-even though it has been hot.  This morning I made both. I baked this pie indoors instead of my cast iron outdoors-too hot-humid-and high allergy count.




   Lemon meringue is one of our favorite pies. 

For my chili I used a pound of the ground bison, my own canned beans and tomatoes. It turned out delicious.



  
Late this afternoon my friend called me and said she needed to go to Joann fabrics and would I like to go along. Sure, I would love to        The Joann's we went to was the one towards the lake. Her daughter is getting married at her home (my friend with the log home) end of this month and she needed some flowers. Her daughter needed navy blue and gold and we found the perfect ones.
   Browsing around I found some cute little autumn cutters, and a whole rack of washi tapes. I had not seen these tapes sold in sets before-I loved the animals in this collection. The tapes were 40% off and we got another 20% off our total order so we both got awesome savings.  I remembered from last week when I was looking at these tapes that there was a challenge to show our tapes. I had purchased two before that are stripes and now these. I can see now how these can be addictive to collect-so many choices ha ha


      I had grabbed a bottle of mineral water to take with.




Hope your week is a good one Happy T everyone!

  Oh and just a note-I am back to monitoring comments again-sorry about that-what ever blogger is doing now has stopped my email notifications again for comments-and for some reason I am also getting hit with spammers on my blog posts again--so am back to monitoring for both reasons.

39 comments:

  1. Your pie looks delicious. I think it looks better than the one Sally got at the restaurant.

    Sorry your lake trips are not panning out, but the right place will be out there eventually.

    Seems ypou have caught the washi tape bug, too. I think the ones you got are beautiful. I've never seen these, so may have to check out JoAnn's too. Those cutters are adorable, and I would probably use them for stamping, rather than cutting pies or cookies.

    Thanks for sharing your lake hunt, your trip to JoAnn's, and your Pellegrino with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lemon pie looks wonderful. Great items from Joann's, love the autumn cutters especially, and all to a good price - even better. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome leaf die cutters and this animal collection of tapes is a great find! i always wonder about the huge savings you have in the us... there are barely any here, and if... just a few percent. you can have sale on clothes here, but craft material rarely.
    have a great t-day and enjoy the week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Johanna, yes our store JoAnn's sewing and craft store here is really amazing with their coupon savings-sometimes I wonder how they do it-my friend even got an extra 10% off for her military service

      Delete
  4. Hi, Kathy. Your lemon pie looks delicious. And I love your autumn cutters. Happy T-day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are feeling better! It sounds like you have had a busy week with decorating the hall, house hunting and all that amazing baking 😁. Your chilli and lemon meringue pie look heavenly - yum! JoAnn's sounds like a great place to shop for crafting goodies, those cute autumnal washi tapes are beautiful and I think I would have bought those pie cutters too - perfect! Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pie looks delish! I just made key lime pies -ours and our neighbors favorites:) Fab bargain on those great washi tapes and cookie cutters! Good luck with your continued house hunting and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda-your key lime pie sounds delish too! I have not made one of those in years.

      Delete
  7. I've been thinking about lemon pie since our lemon tree is producing fruit. Your pie picture makes me realize how badly I want some. Maybe today?

    Looking for property is so challenging isn't it? So many "has to have" boxes to tick off. Hope you find the perfect spot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice finds at JoAnns, although my thought was you are adding things to your craft room, but at least they are small things. Lucious looking pie as always. Your “heart house” is out there somewhere, keep looking. Just be sure it doesn’t flood where you find it. Can’t believe the news today! People didn’t think they were in a flood area until Florence changed their thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased to read you are feeling a little better, the latest homes may have not been for you but there will be one out there for you to find.
    Your new cutter are great shapes and I love seeing the lovely washi tape reels that you found on your visit to the store, I think I would have been tempted to buy those as well.
    The lemon pie looks delicious and so does your chill.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm surprised you got your egg whites to stand at stiff peaks. i tried to make a recipe that required whipped egg whites, but it was too humid. So congrats your lemon meringue pie looks amazing. Still a little too warm and humid for chili. Looks like you scored a good haul at Joanne's. Have fun using your new things and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you right these whites are not as high as they can be do to the weather-my friend had so much fun with all the discounts-she has a smart phone so I suggested she sign up and coupons-

      Delete
  11. I love lemon meringue pie too! yours looks yummy...you do amazing things with food. we made chili this week too, ha ha...not sure why when it is 80 degrees but there you are. Yes, it makes me sad when we lose so much daylight time, but I do enjoy fall...just not winter! lol. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our hummingbirds are still here, but it won't be many more weeks until we see the last of them. You're smart to know exactly what you want and keep an eye out. Seeing them in person does make such a difference! Your meringue turned out perfectly! I've never been brave enough to try meringue lol I'm planning on making chili this week, too. When the cool weather comes I'll be ready ;) I've turned on comment moderation, too, and for the exact 2 reasons you name. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh meringue is really easy-just turn your beaters on to high with the whisk attachment whip add the sugar and just beat away on high til the meringue is thick and stiff peaks

      Delete
  13. I see by Friday our weather is taking a turn for the better Kathy... Even though it means rain.. I'll take the rain and cooler temps.. We have 4 days Fri - Mon of 60% rain days.. beautifully cool 50's at night.. YES!! I love lemon meringue pie! And chilli too. Though i can't say i've had it made with buffalo before.. I remember when i was little an Aunt made chilli and fed it to everyone and later revealed it was bear! Everybody loved it. lol Now you have a washi collection goin! woot woot!! Happy T day! Hugs~ deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had bear meat yet but my Hubs would hunt and eat the meat in his much younger days. yes I was quite pleased to find this collection of tapes-how fun!! we are to get rain too-we need some again Hugs

      Delete
  14. After reading your comment about the autumn cutters, I came up with an idea. You could draw around them using a permanent pen, and they could still be used as actual cutters. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope that you find the perfect lake house. It can be hard to find the a place that meets all the qualifications.
    Your pie looks so yummy! I can see how you wouldn't want to cook outside in the heat.
    A very nice selection of washi tapes that you purchased. I love discounts!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do have several wants-needs but we have time I think to be choosey. I love discounts too-hugs Happy T

      Delete
  16. Sorry your lake house hunt isn't panning out yet, Kathy. The first house the other week sounded perfect.

    Your meringue is beautiful! The pie looks yummy.

    How cool that you found a great deal on a washi tape set just in time to join our "show your washi tape stash" challenge. The tapes are very cute.

    I had to turn comment moderation on for my website too (not the blog though yet, thank goodness). I have to empty the website spam folder every day. I get between 150 and 200 spam comments a day. Once spammers find your site, there's no other choice.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that many spams? that's terrible sorry about that.
      yes we both loved that one home but when he took his friends with that are also in the trades-they discovered some major issues with the seawall and the area from that to the front of the house-if not fixed the house will fall in-so not good.
      Happy T

      Delete
  17. Too bad to hear about your lake house search. Sounds like it a big project, but you will find the right house with some patience. And boy does that pie look yummy! Lemon meringue tastes good when it is warm. Hopefully fall will come soon.Or at least fall weather. We need it here too. And nice find at Joanne's. The cookie cutters are great and nice washi tape! Hope it was a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh,mi hope my emails for comments don’t stop; they just started again! Your lemon meringue pie looks good and so does the chilli! But it is still 90s here too! I usually am not tempted by Washi tape! I am surprised that I have even the little bit I have! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is so strange about the email notification ha ha I am just not going to concern myself anymore with it.
      they say the 90s will stop by this weekend when fall arrives hope so. I don't do much in paper arts except for making it and printing on it lol but I am going to use this in my journal Happy T

      Delete
  19. Wow, your meringue is perfect! We like lemon meringue, and also coconut cream. You have put some thought in the list of things you want in a house. Hopefully something will become available soon. We still have several hummers, but with cooler weather coming next week I think they will be leaving shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chip we just started having a few more hummers yesterday-so I took down the large feeders to clean and store away and washed up and refilled the four smaller ones for now as they pass through I always miss them when they leave

      Delete
  20. Wow Kathy your your meringue looks yummie!And the chilli makes me !hungry!I am sure you will find a wonderful house soon!
    Happy belated T-Day my friend!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit