Thursday, February 8, 2018

Just a Few Photos

  This week I have been helping out in Hub's shop, so not as much time in my craft room.

  I did start on one of the February pages worked on it late last night-it's addictive haha

  I remembered a technique I learned about when I was learning about crazy quilting-use a rubber stamp to imprint an image on to velvet with a hot iron.   It worked out well and I sewed a blanket stitch around the two velvet hearts. I then stamped two images with the same stamp. I am using linen fabric as the base-re purposed clothing from the thrift shops



Last night I decided to hand stitch all over around the hearts like random quilting 


I should be able to finish this part tonight while watching the Olympics

  I always look forward to the Olympics especially the winter ones. Do you love to watch too?

  I cut up a honeydew melon late this afternoon and put the rines out by the stump  The deer love them







super nice weather break today and tomorrow-mid 50's Loving it, but over the weekend winter returns, nice thing about this area as we always get breaks in the cold temps-makes winter more tolerable.

Happy Thursday everyone

7 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of the deer, they are really enjoying their melon-rinds treat. Those hearts look good, too. I don't like watching sports, I prefer murder and mayhem! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the designs and the beautiful hand stitching. You really put out a good feast for the deer. I'l pass on the Olympics. I'm just so tired of seeing snow. We're supposed to get some warm temps this weekend. Enjoy your weekend and the Olympics

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of your temperatures. It seems like a dream to me as we had more snow Wednesday and they say maybe a little more tonight. Oh february is a tough month here for winter. I do love the hearts on your February page. Can't wait to see them finished. :) Have a great FRiday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes our warmer days are nice but I really don't like the bouncing back and forth so I wish it had stayed cold. The body can's handle the ups and downs anymore. Love what you're doing with the hearts and can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete

















































  5. Your stamped hearts turned out PERFECT. I remember back in the mid-1990s when Mary O'Neil of Hot Potatoes stamps made this a popular way to use her stamps. However, I never had the high-end velvet needed to pull this technique off. Yours is looking fabulous.

    Great deer shots, too. I watched a bit of the Olympics last night, but switched back and forth because I guess I prefer the summer Olympics better. I did enjoy the skating, but missed a lot of it, I guess.



    ReplyDelete
  6. The velvet hearts look beautiful and its a lovely page.
    Great photos of the deer as well.
    I will be watching some of the winter Olympics, but this weekend it will be the Rugby matches we watch first.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that rubber stamp trick! olympics.....sometimes I do enjoy them...but not as much a hubby! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit