Monday, November 6, 2017

T Stands for Tuesday & Fun at the Alpaca Farm

Hello everyone and welcome to T Stands for Tuesday where we share a drink related post.
   Link to the event on right hand column with our hostess' Bleubeard and Elizabeth.

 Last Saturday a couple of friends and I visited a local alpaca farm for their open house. This is something I have been wanting to do for many years but I am not someone that enjoys going to events like this by myself. I mentioned it to a friend and she was all up for it and brought along another friend.
    I buy allot of my alpaca fiber for spinning at the Fiber U event in July from their  ranch. exhibit at this event.
 
    We were the first ones there so we pretty much got a private tour. She shared knowledge about her alpacas and then when we went into the buildings she explained more with displays and then of course she had a nice shop. After shopping and we went outdoors again wow lots of people had arrived and the daughter was presenting-so we stayed another half hour or so and learned more.

  This was allot of fun we all really enjoyed this adventure.

Just click on each photo to enlarge for better viewing











   I totally forgot to take photos of their shop. Sorry about that-they had allot of offerings-fiber to spin, yarn for knitting, crochet, weaving, clothing items, and cute little stuffed alpacas for display-those were really adorable,
    I was a "good" girl lol and did not bring home more fiber to spin-I really do have lots of different fibers to spin already in my stash.
    I did purchase this very soft and thick head band to protect my ears in cold weather I think I will really like this one, I don't wear hats much but enjoy these better. They had some really nice fingerless gloves from alpaca but I decided to pass on this time.

   The farm was in a gorgeous setting-the buildings and allot of the pastures were up high and the leaves were finally turning this past weekend. Thus area of Missouri is full of hills and hollers I also forgot to take photos of their large white great pyrnees that guard the herd. The dogs were gorgeous and definately on guard with all the people.



I haven't been feeling myself the last few days so I am behind on getting things ready for our deer camp-the first two arrive this Wednesday from northern Illinois and the other three from Wisconsin come in on Friday. I also invited a few other friends to join in the feast Friday evening. 
    This year I decided to make shredded pork sandwiches with pepperoncini peppers stuffed into grilled buns with provolone cheese with lots of sides. One friend sends down 2 handmade cheesecakes-yum  we definately eat good lol

For my beverage I have been drinking watered down juice today.




28 comments:

  1. Oh I adore alpacas!! I have blogged about my visits to an alpaca farm in Cape May., NJ . And....I bought one of those headbands too:):) Have also had that same cherry juice and do enjoy it on occasion. Cheers and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The alpacas are sooo cute. I don't really like wearing hats. Might have to look for the headband. Hope you're feeling better so you can enjoy your company and deer camp

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was great to visit the alpaca farm, we have one near here and I love to visit them, too. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos. The headband you bought will keep your ears cozy in winter, enjoy! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh the alpacas look adorable, it must have been good to get so close to them. Your new headband will be cozy to wear.
    Have a good time with your visitors, I hope you will be feeling better as the visit gets closer.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the farm visit sounds like a lot of fun. Those alpacas are pretty cute. My daughter's old boyfriend's mother (that's a mouthful) had a few alpacas and they were so fun to visit. Alas, the boyfriend is gone so I never see the alpacas anymore. So I really enjoyed your photos. Hope you are back up on your feet and feeling better before your company arrives. happy T day. Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those alpacas are adorable. Hope you feel better soon!The headband is just fine - will keep your ears warm and cozy!
    Happy T-Day Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve been to a farm like this here, and I came home wanting an alpaca. Lol Did you get any photos of the Great Pyrenees dog? Our son just adopted a mixed breed puppy, Great Pyrenees and German Shepherd. I don’t think he knows how big it will grow! I still have alpaca to spin, someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i always find Alpakas looking so funny because of their head hair, they give me a smile on my face!
    i´ve seen woolen Alpaka items in Shops, but not Alpaka wool as such so far. happy Spinning!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing the alpacas, they look so cute! It looks like you had fun visiting the farm 😁. Your shredded pork sandwiches sounds delicious too! Hope you feel much better soon and wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Kathy i hope you get to feeling better and more like yourself... Those alpacas are sooo cute... I wouldn't be interested in their wool though but i sooo enjoyed your photos of them... Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would LOVE to visit an alpaca farm. The animals are really lovely and look so gentle. I would say that is an experience of a lifetime. Simply wonderful. I really enjoyed the photos. Looks like a good purchase, too. I might have gone for the fingerless gloves for when I'm on the computer.

    Your drink looks wonderful. I want to join you at deer camp because it sounds like you eat very, very well then. Thanks for sharing your alpaca farm experience and your black cherry drink with us for T this Tuesday. PLEASE get to feeling better. After all, you have a lot of hosting to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great potos of the alpacas! They are so cute! I can see you enjoyed the visit.
    I also like head bands. I was in the mountains this weekend and I wanted to wear a warm head band as it was not cold enough for a hat.But I couldn't find it (and I still haven't found it, so I might have to buy or knit another one).
    Thaks for sharing.
    Happy T-Day
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen alpacas but never in a large group with a Great Pyrenees caretaker. That'd be a treat :) I like hats, but knit ones that fit close to the head don't suit me. That feel itchy. I'd have definitely been interested in the gloves, though. I've had black cherry koolaid and loved it but didn't realize you could get an actual juice. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a fun tour of the alpaca ranch, Kathy. I'm glad you went so you could share it with us ;-) Alpaca are so cute. The faces are just darling.

    I hope you're feeling better in time for deer camp. Your Friday dinner plan sounds delicious!

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. And thank you for your kind comments and well wishes on my blog today ;-)

      Delete
  15. Hi Kathy,

    What sweet alpacas! I've seen a few alpacas whilst driving on Highway 60, but not so many as that! Our neighbors had a couple of Great Pyrenees dogs that they just got rid of because they were causing allergies; such nice, big puppies! I like the headwarmer you bought; you'll have to let us know how it works!
    Love,
    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alpacas are so adorable and I do love things made from the fiber. One of my all time favorite sweaters was alpaca fiber... heavy duty, more a jacket than a sweater. Was very upset when I lost it in one of our moves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOPS! didn't mean to publish yet. Fingers got ahead of the brain. :) Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Take care of yourself and have a great visit with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alpacas are such beautiful animals. We have friends that have an alpaca farm. And that headband looks so warm and cozy.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  19. Was able to visit a lovely alpaca farm in New Mexico several years ago. They sure are cute and have so much character.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Alpacas I first saw them at Woolfest in the English Lake District and then we went to the farm too! I thought the items on sale were quite expensive so need to save before we go back again! I did buy some wool for my needle felting though! Hope you feel better soon! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very interesting post Kathy, I enjoyed seeing the country side and the alpacas.
    I discovered Bible art journaling on Pinterest, then found one lady in the UK that does videos......then I found more on You Tube......LOL It has been going on for 3-4 years.....definitely no my idea.
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  22. Alpacas are so cute! Hope you are feeling better. I have to try cherry juice. I have read it is really good for you. Happy t(hurs)day

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those alpacas are adorable! Made me smile that you resisted getting any more fibre...just like the rest of us 'makers,' we are always tempted to accumulate more marvelous materials!😉

    ReplyDelete
  24. ❤️❤️❤️

    Love these alpacas! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I am again...

      I can't put into words how much I love alpacas! ❤️ It is my dream to one day be an alpaca mom.

      Delete
    2. Hi Sandi, I really enjoyed visiting this alpaca farm very much

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit