Saturday, April 4, 2020

Geometrics for AJJ

Happy Saturday everyone,
   Brrrrr it is very chilly here today at the lake. We got spoiled with a couple days of sunshine and 70's f  during the week.

   I wanted to make a journal page for Valerie's theme Geometrics over on Art Journal Journey.  I am not one to think in geometric shapes at all so this was a challenge-really didn't know where to start when I first sat down to make my journal page.
   I found the background page in my stash of magazine page saves, and then got to thinking about stamps-they are a geometric shape and I am thinking stripes are too? which is the background.
   So I went from there. I used real cancelled stamps of USA's Lady Liberty, and then I found a post office stamp catalog that I had kept-and cut out photos of stamps. The post office had issued a series of stamps from an artist that was perfect for the theme. I found a couple love stamps, and the first responders stamp. These gave me the idea for the sentiment "Stamp out the virus" which I hand stamped. I also cut out a circle from a recycled card-I thought this would tie in the other circle below and the color.





Stay well and safe everyone.

22 comments:

  1. Lovely page Kathy, great how you combined all those different shapes to make such a pleasing page. And a super sentiment! Thanks for linking to AJJ, much appreciated. Enjoy your weekend, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, of course stamps are geometric shapes (rectangles) and you worked out the theme really well and the page is great. I love those 2 dollar stamps. I don't get to see those often of course.
    Take care,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisca, I rarely see those dollar stamps either so when we got a package with them on there I had to save them I think they are pretty too-you two take care as well-hugs

      Delete
  3. A fabulous page Kathy and a great idea to use the stamps. They are perfect for Valerie's geometric theme at Art journal journey, thank you for linking up over there. I like the sentiment you added as well.
    Stay safe and well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Stamps And Way Cool Heart There On The Right - Another Interesting Post

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect sentiment for your page! I would love to stamp it out ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really clever and such a great page Kathy. The stamps are perfect geometric shapes. And work so well with your quote. I am glad you figured something out and joined us with Valerie's challenge at ARt Journal Journey. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika, this quote just popped into my head-lol so worked out great

      Delete
  7. This is a great site with all the artistic stamps and your quote!
    Have a good time and stay healthy!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea!!! Clever. We need to get it stamped off of our world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do indeed I guess the peak is coming here in less than 2 weeks

      Delete
  9. I love the STAMP OUT THE VIRUS, part. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great day, Kathy! Loved your table from the other post. Cheers and boogie boogie, Ivy.

      Delete
  10. Chris your page is lovely and a great sentiment we can all agree with.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a befitting sentiment for your beautiful page! Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Have a Happy Easter! Stay safe. HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, thank you so much and Happy Easter to you too-hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit