Friday, September 1, 2017

Second on the 2nd & Fabric Painting a Sky

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

August sure went by fast didn't it?? I still can not believe we have started September already.  Which brings us to Second on the 2nd where we share a previous post. Hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth see link in my right hand column to join in


    Instead of copy and pasting like I usually do I decided to share just a few of the photos and the link to the blog for better viewing-as the format on my original blog is so different it does not fit here well.  I tried bringing it over it just did not look good and as you can see the fonts have even changed lol

This was posted December 17, 2013 and titled Reveal of that Special Project I was Working on  Click here to read the entire post.

      That year I was approached by a blogging friend that was making a special quilt for her cancer recovery and she commissioned me to paint sky fabric. Me???  I told her I really don't know if I can do that as I am not that kind of artist-she assured me yes I can.
   This ended up being a challenge, allot of fun, and with good results. Please click on above link for more information. Also if you go to the original post you can click on all the photos to make larger for better viewing.








I really need to try this technique again I remember having allot of fun with it-I had done several attempts and this was my best one.  and wow this is bad-it is almost 4 years and I still do not have the hand sewing of the binding completed--It is all pinned and I have finished one side--more fun spinning now lol  but I really want this quilt finished so we can use it-that one had allot of history-which is another post once it is finished. I am just so bad at bouncing around with my crafts-but that's what I do.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely sky! No, quite the opposite for me, I thought August would never end, LOL!! I am very glad to see September, and look forward to cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Me too...August was a long month. You sky fabric came out perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading the process of this hand painted fabric. Yes, I also believe hand painting and hand dyeing are very different, but if you dilute your paint enough, it will appear to be a watercolor. If I may ask, what type of paint did you use to achieve this beautiful piece of fabric?

    I also like the quilt you were working with then. Is it the same binding you alluded to in this post?

    Thanks for sharing this marvelous fabric painting with us as your second look on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really turned out great! Read your old post but seems I can't leave a comment there. I can't believe how quickly August flew by. Happy September.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sky painting on that fabric, glad you showed it again! Have a great September, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not just August, but Summer went by too fast. I'm not ready for Fall. Your fabric painting just beautiful, and so cool to use it in a special quilt. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful faric Kathy!
    Happy weekend to you!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sky fabric Kathy and what a good cause it was made for too. :) Glad you shared and I would love to see the final quilt. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I bounce around with my projects too, Kathy. It's a habit that's hard to break. I have a favorite very relevant quote from Linda Kunsman, one of our T-ladies, "You gotta go where inspiration strikes." The fabric painting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this fabric sunset sky is extraordinary... i totally love it. my mind Plays with making something similar (in smaller pieces) with silk Colors, as they are very fluid. great Project for a good cause!
    and same here... so many balls juggling in my mind, but when it Comes to make something, i currently end up always with fabrics...
    happy autumn!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit