Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Creativity Wednesdays

  Good morning everyone, Hope where you live the weather is as fabulous as it is here in Missouri. We are getting so spoiled-loving it.

    Since I just have a very few followers at this time for my new blog, and didn't get much interest from readers at my main blog I think this will be the last Creativity Wednesday for now.
     I love the idea of it but to make it more fun for everyone I need more readers that have an interest. This blog is still about sharing creativity so please feel free to add a link in comments at any time if you wish. In fact I really welcome it.


Friends Sharing:
                            Carol at SilverSpring Acres  cozy crochet


    I am still having so much fun with the blending board and getting better at it. (See my past two posts for more information about it.)
   At first I was putting too much fiber on and also not enough wool to keep it all together well, and the roving was just coming out too thick. I have a bag of unknown long wool that is really nice so am using that for the first layer now and then adding other wools for color, metallics, and the romney locks.  My spinning is finally not so bulky with the changes. Very fun indeed. I am thinking this will weave up into some saori style pillows.
   On the niddy noddy is the plain 3" romney locks spun, than the romney and unknown long wool locks spun together-which I like too and then from the blending board. photos will enlarge for better viewing.




I have myself set up on the floor in front of woodstove with a huge pillow my Mom had made probably 30 years ago-a knitted cover, old sheets on top and then all my spinning goodies--I spun quite a bit last nite while watching the cubs play. I play a little in the morning early and then in the evenings.

A friend asked for a photo of my finished country quilt, so will share that soon. The other quilt is all ready to hand sew down the binding-but right now spinning is more fun. lol

Have an awesome and creative day

6 comments:

  1. It's hard to develop a new weekly challenge group but don't give up on it yet. Ya just have to keep lugging along and it will finally catch on. :) If people are following you by email it may be the next day before they get the post so it will take o bit for them to figure out they have to go to their dashboard and look for the post on the right day. Which is what I had to do :) and since I'm running late getting ready for work it will be this afternoon before I can write a post :( See ya then

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good points I was posting on tuesdays especially for overseas readers but hadn't thought about followers with emails or bloglovin being a day late. but bottom line after thinking about it-if people want to join in they will make a note to themselves and remember to do so-I was working on getting friends sharing with each other--but they actually do that on their own blogs and no one is to blame at all I just have many less followers than I have had in the past

      Delete
  2. I can't believe it's Wednesday, again, already! Love the yarn you're spinning. Can't wait to see the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it Wednesday? Oh dear, I'm away from my NJ home visiting my elderly mother in NC. She isn't well, so I'm distreacted, but will be home tomorrow night. I brought my current knitting project with me here, but keep making mistakes, so I have started over numerous times. I hope to get my creative mojo back when home. I can tell you are enjoying spinning and the yarn is so colorful. Truly unique! I as well look forward to seeing that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm even later than I had thought I would be. I bought 3 more bags of Spring Bulbs today and wanted to get them planted before the predicted rains come....PLEASE LET THEM COME!!!!
    http://silverspringacres.blogspot.com/2016/11/creative-wednesday-with-kathy.html
    Happy Creative Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy...just stopping by to check out your new blog. (My first linky, Sunday Organizing, didn't take off...hang in there....one day you'll be on a walk and an idea specific to your blog will pop into your head.) I don't weave, but ya know I always enjoy watching your adventure in weaving. V

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit