Friday, October 7, 2016

Oh My I Cut Something Wrong

  The other day I decided to work on the binding for my country style quilt. I had made the backing from all those 4 inch squares.  This is an old method of binding where you bring the back to the front to form the binding.
   I have done several quilts this way and I always struggle with the corners-they are super bulky so have to be cut down and for me folded several times to look right.
  I have been dealing with an allergy "attack" for the last few weeks now which leaves me "spacey" do to blocked and draining ears. I am not one to sit around and do nothing so I thought this would be an easy project to get finished.
   


Wrong lol  Instead of unfolding everything and checking that corner point I just started cutting-so now I have a mess on my hands and need to figure out what to do-well I need to sew on more fabric that's for sure. I have let this sit for a few days so now is the day to tackle this.
   I may just need to take apart a four square block and replace that-but that also involves undoing a couple of tied knots that holds the quilt together that I don't really want to do. 
  Larry always says don't do stuff like this unless your feeling good enough to tackle it-so true lol
  I think this will be my challenge today especially since it is taking up space on my living room floor.
  Stay tuned

Happy Friday everyone

3 comments:

  1. I've been where you are with this, always challenging to get those corners right. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, so sorry, but I've done the same thing a million times. It never pays for me to knit or sew when I'm under the weather. Gardening can be a disaster then, too, when everything looks like a weed. o.O
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, here is my method for making the binding from the backing, it is the last one of three methods I show in this post - https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/2015/11/18/adventures-in-machine-binding/ - maybe it will help you with your corners.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit