Thursday, September 1, 2016

You Might Remember Some of these Projects

  When I worked on my wool corner I also uncovered-and remembered some unfinished projects-oh wow - I  need to get those done for sure so I can use them. lol so that's what I am working on now as a break from spinning.

  Remember the quilt I put on the hand quilt frame with the embroidered blocks with bears and a canoe? I have been struggling with the hand quilting on that-there are so many seams on the backing with all those 4" squares sewn together, and I just didn't like the way my bears were looking-so I decided to take all that embroidering out-flip the quilt over so the 4" patches are up and just tie it together-in the center of each square-it was my thought originally but I thought I would like the hand stitching on this better-Not-lol  and I don't need to struggle with stuff like this. When I had sewn all these precuts together I never thought to recheck the measurements - and they were definately not all the same size, so that caused a few problems too for hand quilitng with no puckers etc.
    I set this up this afternoon and got it all back on the quilt frame and this is soooo much more doable and will get finished faster-- and we can use it this winter-or I will love it in the living room too.  I have extra fabric all around on this side too so I am just going to trim and roll it over to the front for the binding and hand sew it down.-very country for sure.

  The third photo is an underneath photo-I only had enough of this off white crochet thread instead of enough of brown or green so just went with it-to use it up and it's already available now and paid for.






This next quilt was buried in a pillowcase and all it needs is the binding sewn on. This quilt has a long story that I won't go into, those of you that follow me will probably remember it from a few years ago.  I always loved the colors in this piece.  I will share a better photo when I get the binding on.




The next project I uncovered was another wicker basket and it has my rug hooking project I had started. This is probably 3/4's finished so I have this out now too so I can see it and work on it in the evenings.




On my main blog I have a search tool there also, and if you would like to read more about any of these projects search for quilting and rug hooking.

Do you also have unfinished projects that you would love to finish up? 

You are most welcome to share with us here in comments.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Kathy, you're on the verge of having some great projects finished. I think tying the quilt suits it perfectly. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...you are on the verge of finishing up some wonderful and beautiful projects :) Ah yes, I, too, have several projects that need finished....someday :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Top quilt flipped and tied suits your traditional lifestyle perfectly. It's reminiscent of times long ago when every scrap was used to make a quilt for warmth, no fancy cutting or stitching. I love it! I've done a few rug hooking projects, but a very long time ago. Enjoy this anew!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit