Monday, September 3, 2018

To All My USA Friends-Happy Labor Day

Happy Labor Day!!

Image result for photo happy labor day


Any plans? Staying Home or Going out? Grilling?

  One of the nice things for me in my retirement years is having all of the major holidays off. 
    I was a telephone operator so of course Our office was open 24/7 and I usually worked most holidays to take advantage of that overtime pay.

   I decided to grill us split chicken breast out on the Weber grill. I may bake up a lemon meringue pie in one of the dutch ovens-depends how I feel and how hot and humid we are.

  A couple days ago I took a bad fall-it was raining and I was trying to get the groceries in the house before the heavy rain came in. I must have slipped on a wet leaf cause down I went hard. 
   What's left really bothering me now is my right shoulder and upper arm-I may need to get an x ray Wednesday when we go in for our 6 month check ups if it still continues to hurt too much.  
      Soooo right now I can't get my hallway painting finished.-soon I hope.

Happy Labor Day!

12 comments:

  1. I genuinely hope you feel better soon. Your day sounds great. You need to take advantage of these times, because I doubt you will have a pit like that in your new lake property.

    Happy Labor Day to you, too, dear Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your fall, I hope you feel much better soon! Sending you healing wishes and Happy Labor Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of your fall, I hope there is nothing bad and you feel better very soon! The food sounds wonderful!
    Happy Labor Day!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh No Kathy!!! I sure hope its nothing serious and you feel better soon.. Last year i think it was i was going down our outside steps and i stepped on a hickory nut and it rolled and pulled my foot out from underneath me.. thank goodness for the railing or it would have been bad... Even so i was sore for days after catching myself like that.. Your holiday sounds wonderful.. Hubs has to work at his part time job and i've agreed to go in with him and help one of the residents move into their bungalow.. :) We usually don't celebrate Memorial day or Labor day .... We should but it usually just turns into just another day.. Have a piece of pie for me! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. With working from home and not much work at the time, every day feels like a Sunday. Nothing special today. The usual hanging out in the sun room. Dinner will be some salmon on the Foreman grill. Oh, so sorry to hear about you spill. Hope it's nothing serious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your arm and shoulder, hope it gets better soon! We are grilling brats today, after I get back from delivering all my entries to the State Fair, and we see the King Apple parade at the Apple Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fall sounds awful Kathy. Hope the pain goes away and you are back with full movement (pain free) soon. And happy Labor Day to you also. I am just going to relax today. Isn't that what this holiday is all about. Take care please. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this should be a day to relax-I am going to make our meal as easy as possible this time-pie in the oven, but do the chicken on the grill on still. Hugs to you

      Delete
  8. I was about to say I hope you had a happy day and that your food sounded delicious. Then I read that you had taken a fall. I hope you are not in to much pain and will be feeling more comfortable soon.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We ate out for Labor Day, but I think your grilled chicken and lemon meringue pie sounds delicious!

    I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. Falls are scary, I know, and I hope you get a good report at the doctor visit and that your pain goes away quickly.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit