Saturday, September 22, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at The Movies


Image result for happy autumn photo


And---Happy Saturday everyone,
   It is movie time again. 
CJ had been posting for Saturday Afternoon at the Movies so I decided to join in. 
   This is where we share a favorite film that we love watching more than one time.  I am not a huge move watcher but I do have some favorites. Now adays I am mostly a Hallmark movie watcher ha ha.

    Last week many of you commented that you also love Patrick Swayze so I decided to share another favorite of mine.

  I loved him in Ghost very much but I also loved him in the  mini series North South so I decided to feature that one today.
   I remember being glued to the tv set when this series came on. and it is something I have not ever seen repeated again. I need to buy me the set so I can watch it again.

North+South-Complete1-3.jpg


There were allot of big actors in this series too, and I think this series jump started Patrick Swayze's career.


Patrick Swayze, Kirstie Alley and Lesley-Anne Down star in a 1985 miniseries based on John Jakes' novel about the Civil War and its effect on two families.
First episode dateNovember 3, 1985

I looked online and if you can stream on your computer than I saw it on You Tube.(My internet is too rural to be able to do that).


This was a nice article from an actress that worked with him on this series.


Information here on the series.


The Promo







I found these little tidbits online while searching for information:


    "North and South" was filmed on location across the United States, but much of the TV miniseries was made in South Carolina. Locations included the well-known tree-lined Boone Hall Plantation in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina as well as other locations in Charleston including the Battery alongside the harbor.Sep 22, 2009





The McRae family opened the plantation to public tours. 1980s – Boone Hall was closed to the public for the filming of North and South, an ABC mini-series based on the novels of John Jakes. The exterior of the house and the grounds were featured prominently in the mini-series.



   So do you remember watching this mini-series??

7 comments:

  1. I've never even heard about it, so this is fascinating to me. I'll check it out one of these days. I can't binge on it tonight because I have to be up early tomorrow. I hate having to get up early because that's about the time I normally go to bed. But I am taking Sally to the museum of her choice for Smithsonian's Museum Day. Thanks for all the info on it. I like to know what I'm going to invest time in before I decide to watch something. There have been several shows filmed in and around Mount Pleasant, SC. There must be a production company or studio there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. North and South was such a good mini-series. And I loved Swayze's portrayal of Orey Main. I just love that name, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope i have not seen this mini series but then the years you mention that it was on were very tumultuous years for me.. so i could see how i could have missed it.. I'll have to check it out! Thanks Kathy!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember watching this when it originally showed. I think my favorite Patrick Swayze movie is To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. Road House is another that showcased his talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy autumn to you Kathy. I remember this series. I loved the books also. Thanks for reminding me of a good series! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember having seen it, but it might come back to me if I watched an episode. That war does inspire books and movies, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Autumn, Kathy.
    I watched the mini series of North and South many years ago in the greek TV and I have to admit that then I was in love with Partick!!!!!!!!
    Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit