Saturday, September 15, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

Good morning Saturday,
  I fell asleep early last night so didn't get my movie post up earlier
This morning I was thinking about movies that I really like to watch more than once and I remembered one. 

     Saturday Afternoon at the Movies is where we like to share a movie that we love to view more than one time-our favorites. Inspired by CJ to join in the fun.

I am sharing Dirty Dancing this week-I loved it the first time I saw it, and when it shows up on the tv I love to watch it again. A fun love story that shows life in the 60's. A few moral issues, but every generation has them.
     I am actually living near an area where families used to enjoy their summers in this way. The movie is a little dorky in spots-but I thought the chemistry was good between the lead actors, and for me always a fun movie.

   I love Patrick Swayze as an actor too.



Image result for movie dirty dancing

This is a fun article about what adults notice now in this movie

The trailer:
     
    
I didn't spot a free movie online but it comes up on the tv quite often. I did see if you have Amazon Prime it's on there

12 comments:

  1. Hey I know this movie! :) It is a good one. Happy Saturday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick Swayze Sa-WOON. I liked him best in Ghost and the mini-series, North and South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those two other movies of his too-I almost did Ghost-perhaps next week-and I did love north and south-I saw that as a mini series years ago on tv-I should look for a dvd of that one-

      Delete
  3. Oh i like this movie too Kathy! I used to watch it alot but its gotten a little old to me.. LOVE Patrick Swayze... loved him in Ghost too.. and Red Dawn.. i think he played too.. Great movie pick !! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I love Patrick Swayze too in the films he did. Happy Saturday

      Delete
  4. I remember seeing this one on TV, as you said. The history of the actors after this film, the disastrous re-make (why do they keep re-making hits?), and Swayze's well-publicized illness and death all make the film a bittersweet experience to me now. It's good to see them as they were, such sweet energy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I feel the same-I was really sad when I heard of his illness and then death.I don't get why they remake films either-I rarely watch those

      Delete
  5. Such a classic and I love this movie too ... "Nobody puts baby in the corner" ...lol 😉. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this film as well Kathy and have a well used copy on a DVD. It one of those films that is very watchable in a comfy chair a warm drink to hand and maybe some chocolate bars as well.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Kathy, you remind me my school-days! I was 15 when I watched this movie on cinema!!!!!!!!! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit