Thursday, September 20, 2018

My Eco Print For A Gift

Happy Late Thursday!

    I wanted to share a wedding gift I put together. I am pleased with the results-Let me know your thoughts.
  My husband and I were invited to our good friend's daughter's wedding. The daughter lives in a different state, and our friends are the ones with the awesome large log home and who makes great catfish that I have shared. The wedding will be held outdoors near the log home. Such a lovely setting.

  Wow we have not gone to a wedding probably since the 90's. This is an outdoor casual wedding and we just needed to go. It's next week Saturday afternoon.

   We have not met the couple, and I did not want to give money so I thought I would frame one of my eco prints-I am quite pleased how it turned out.
 (Photos will enlarge just click on them)




I needed to go to town this morning to pick up a few food items, and also picked up this pretty frame. At first I thought I messed up getting too small of a frame-but this print worked out perfect with just a little trimming

For the card, I picked two pieces that were on that butcher type paper-tore a little off the edges and folded in half. I inserted a second piece to write on-and then put a dab a glue in the corners to hold together. I tied with silk and gold thread-that was a challenge lol being such fine thread. The bride's colors are navy and gold.




and then when I went to box it up-- Oh No I totally forgot about picking up wrapping paper. Whew in my paper-envelope stash I found this paper-probably bought in the '60s ha ha so it is very thick paper.  I tied it up with some of my handspun wool, and a little curly ribbon




We have been soooo hot and humid here upper 90's with high heat indexes along with high pollen counts-so it has been miserable here all week. However, rain is coming in tomorrow and over the weekend and i am so happy also a cool down coming in too-just in time for the first day of autumn on Saturday.
   My friend was concerned about the heat for the wedding-but I think it will end up being very cool-hopefully no rain.


12 comments:

  1. I am sure this young couple will treasure this lovely one of a kind gift. I know I would. Our weather has been just like yours - hot and humid. We are looking forward to some cooler weather and rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to make an awesome gift. MUCH better than money and so thoughtful, too. Most impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ecoprint looks gorgeous in that frame. The frame itself is very pretty. I think it's a great gift. It's always hard to get gifts for people you don't really know (since you don't know the daughter that well). Have fun next week at the weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing gift and card! I love how you framed your eco paper and the leaf image looks stunning in the frame you chose 😁. I'm sure the bride and groom will love it! That wrapping paper is so beautiful too 😀. Have a wonderful time at the wedding, enjoy! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special gift Kathy. Anytime you give a little bit of yourself in a gift its special. Beautiful frame you chose too... You KNOW i'm looking forward to the rain and cooler weather.. lets just hope the storms don't blow thru too badly .. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! I love the old fashioned looking frame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous piece of art. You found the perfect frame!

    It's highs in the 90s here, too. They're predicting rain, but I think it's wishful thinking on their part. They keep predicting rain that doesn't come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely gift and such a beautiful presentation. Enjoy the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy this is a very special wedding gift, I am sure it will be treasured.
    The frame you found on your shopping trip looks beautiful as well and so does the card you made.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Soooooo much everyone here for your lovely comments. I think I needed assurance that my handmade gift would be ok-hugs to all of you

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great gift, Kathy. Handmade items are always appreciated. I am sure the couple will love it. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit