Monday, September 10, 2018

T Stands for Tuesday

Hello  Everyone,
    Tuesday stands for our weekly T Day for sharing with friends with a drink related post.
     You are most welcome to join us, just share a photo with your beverage and join our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth-find link in my right hand column.

    We have gotten allot of rain here in the Ozarks-where I live over 3" for sure maybe a bit more but closer to Springfield, Mo that area got well over 6" which caused flooding, and one man drowned-he got swept into the river by driving through one of those very low crossings that gets flooded. so sad when this happens-he must not have known the area or saw the water in the dark.
  We have enjoyed fall like temperatures for a few days now-feels sooo good I love it.

  I did sell one book online over the weekend-it's a start ha ha.

   We are still viewing different lake houses-and we have now totally fallen in love with one. This is a foreclosure (so the bank wants to sell and at a very good price), older gorgeous home that was in the middle of a remodel before they went bankrupt. From what we can see they have upgraded the most expensive  things-new heating, air conditioning unit, water softener, looks like allot of new plumbing-updated bathrooms. Propane gas hook up for a stove-yes! lots of little nooks and fun spaces. The price was just lowered so we need to see it one more time with some friends and make a decision. It has gorgeous views, lovely little hidden rock gardens on the side and back, not too many steps in the house, and there a few short sections of steps to get into the water level to the dock-and 3000 feet plus of space indoors-ha ha  I don't think I will need to worry about down sizing my large trunks etc now. 
      No association fees with this one either. One thing that scares me is the very very short and steep driveway to get into the house-I have my eyes closed when Hubs is driving down it-so that will be a challenge for me.  Fingers crossed we will see what happens. 

  Update:  we saw the house again Sunday afternoon with our friend that cooks up the catfish and does allot of home repairs and he loved the outside of the home-so the guys are going back on Wednesday with our agent to really look around at things-and and we just put in an offer to the bank-so will see what develops.
   This is happening pretty fast but this is one of those situations to just go with the flow and see what develops.

   My celebration beverage-a mule (ginger beer and huckleberry vodka, a splash of orange liqueur over ice)




  My indigo plants have grown back now for another cutting, my neighbor had some silk blanks for dyeing, so I am ready to dye-hopefully one day this week.

  I am doing much better from my fall-I had gotten really bruised and sore inside my foot and arm-shoulder areas but I am feeling much better now. Thank you all so much for your concerns. So that means I can get started back on finishing the ceiling and then get the rest of those walls painted. 
    Next up after that is done--is to finish the rock work in the bathroom this fall too.

  We have been busier it seems than we normally are looking at houses, and listing things for sale online that we are both tired today (Saturday)-the cooler and change of weather does that to me too.

  For my beverage share--I am drinking a Yogi tea in my Yellowstone cup while I type my post.





Happy T Everyone.

31 comments:

  1. We got rain one night and into the next morning with cooler temps, probably part of the system that affected you. We did need some rain here.

    The house search went fast! I'm so happy for you :) I'll raise a glass to your success. I'm also happy to hear you feel so much netter. Happy early T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We needed some rain too-but now we have lots of mowing to do ha ha
      we looked at lots of homes and this one we just fell in love with-now to see what happens next

      Delete
  2. wow- that was a quick find on the house- fingers crossed all goes well!! Foreclosures and short sales can really drag on and be a pain many times. Nice celebration drink, and a Yogi tea is always nice too. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes at least this one is already taken back by the bank-so we will see if they take our offer. if not we will just keep looking-

      Delete
  3. Wow you are moving fast on the house front. It's exciting you found something and I will keep my fingers crossed that it works out. Would you be able to move in or would you need to do a lot of finishing work to live in it? Happy T day to you Kathy. Hope it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks yes this went really fast-if the offer is accepted we will hire a good inspector to make sure no major problems. there are some things to do in the home. our home needs to get finished too and sell lots of things-so it will be process for sure

      Delete
  4. The house sounds wonderful. The little hidden rock gardens will be an unexpected bonus. Heavy rain was in our forecast too, but the storm missed us. We got almost an inch. We are enjoying cooler temperatures too. I even had to put a heavier coverlet on the bed. I love fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi-I am loving these cooler mornings too I am so ready for fall too the little rock gardens are really wonderful

      Delete
  5. How exciting to find a house you are in love with. Sounds really nice. Glad you are feeling better after your spill. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi well bummer for some reason my email notifications just stopped so will reply here.
      thanks this has been exciting-now to wait and see what happens next with the offer. I am so glad I did not fracture anything.-thanks

      Delete
  6. Glad you are feeling better. The new house sounds good. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sincere apologies. I am having a terrible time keeping my internet going. I spent nearly an hour on the phone with AT&T, my internet provider. They can’t seem to fix the problem on their end, so want to send someone out today (Tuesday) to fix the problem. If it’s MY problem, I will need to pay for the call, but they are telling me they believe it’s at their pole.

    Regardless, while I was on hold and could NOT get on the internet, I decided to write this apology to each of you. Many of you know I read every word you write and I try to include a brief comment that shows I have been to visit and have seen your drink. However, I am being told I should shut the computer down every time it locks up, then reboot. I was able to leave comments to two people, but each time I did, the internet went down on me again.

    Since I need to be up early to let the phone guy in (NOT my favorite time of the day), I will leave you with this generic and most grateful T day gratitude. I hope you understand this is totally out of my control and I am grateful you stopped by for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, sometimes things develop fast... fingers crossed for your deal with the new house. and don´t over-do with the painting, take care of yourself!
    i didn´t suppose indigo plants would grow again for a second harvest... so i´m looking forward to your dyeing success!!
    happy t-day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you much-yes I need to do the indigo this week as they are starting to flower as well

      Delete
  9. Gosh I am so pleased for you. You seem to have found a new location that you will be happy living in. I do hope the plans for the house will go well for you. I also will keep my fingers crossed.
    It was good to read that you are feeling a bit better, but please take care and don't over do things, you seem to have a list of things you want to do, take time to do it .
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pleased to hear that you are feeling better! It's so exciting about the house, it sounds so wonderful 😁. I have everything crossed that it goes through ok - yay! I'd love to try your ginger beer drink too and that Yellowstone mug is my favourite! Take care and wishing you the happiest of T Days! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jo, My Yellowstone mug is my favorite too-hugs Happy T

      Delete
  11. I am sorry about your fall, and glad you are doing well. The house thing is exciting. We sold our home and doensized to a duplex in March, moved in April. Talk about quick! Our heads are still spinning from the big change! Oh, and my parents had a home on Beaver Lake. It was their dream home. They stayed there till my mom could no longer go down the hill to the water or take care of the house. Dad had already passed on. The one you bid on sounds great, and I hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much-we are trying not to get too anxious about it-yet ha ha

      Delete
  12. Love the autumn colors on your blog background, Kathy.

    That poor man (and his family). Guadalajara has flash floods like that. People almmost always die when it happens (maybe twice a year). We don't go to the city when there's heavy rain. Better safe, than sorry.

    Great on the book sale. Yes, one is a start and may lead to more.

    The house sounds like a great buy! No association fees is a big plus in my opinion. They go up and up every year. Good luck!!

    Your mule sounds very refreshing. I'm glad you're recovering from your fall. You're lucky you didn't break any bones!

    Happy T-day! Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for noticing my new fall background Eileen-I know it is so sad when these type of drownings happen-this was an officer that was not familiar with the area. I thought for sure I had fractured a bone or two-so glad I didn't Happy T

      Delete
  13. We missed out on the majority of the rain Kathy.. Some misty , sprinkly days and cool days and nights too.. totally enjoyed them.. Its slowly warming back up again..booo... but only in the 80's.. Wishing you all the luck in the world on your new house adventure.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so pleased for you that you have found and fell in love with another home. I hope it really is the one meant for you and that all the technical checks have a positive result.
    In Europe one cannot buy another property until your own property is sold (unless you have the cash for the new place, but not many people have that sort of money lying about). So it’s good you can put an offer in and see what happens. Keep us posted.
    I’m glad you are recovering well from your fall. Just take it easy.
    Will you be able to take your indigo plants with you once you move?
    Happy T Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  15. The house search sounds like a very exciting experience. I know what you mean about a steep driveway. We live on the top of a Ridge so the road that we live on has a very steep drive. Last winter was very scary as we needed new tires and the back of our car slid from side to side as I was driving up the hill while it was sleeting. I hope that you are able to purchase the house of your dreams. Even better if it is a great price!
    Sounds like you have been very busy. Glad that you are recovering and feeling better from your fall.
    I like Yogi tea as well. They have some yummy flavors.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate-well if you guys can do a steep driveway I can too then-hugs
      Happy T

      Delete
  16. Good luck with the home buying. Love that Yellowstone mug!
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like this Yellowstone mug! Wishing you all the best for the home searching Kathy!
    Big hugs,
    Susi

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit