Monday, September 10, 2018

Remembering 9 11

  I will not forget this day 9 11,  I was a telephone long distance operator  that day-and took phone calls that will forever be with me. I can still hear some of those voices that still bring a tear.

   A part of history we need to remember and pass on to the next generation and the next to remember
     I wanted to share a link about a ceremony being held at College of the Ozarks this week. This college is also know as Work U as this is a college where those in financial need are able to attend college, work full time at the college and graduate debt free. This is a christian college that also teaches love of country. They have several memorials on campus.


5 comments:

  1. I was in school and we had some local folks on those planes. It was a terrible day in US history for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had just gotten home from dropping the girlies at school. Settled at my computer working on my Christmas card design when my elderly neighbor called. She was hysterical and I could barely make out what she was saying. until I turned on the television and saw the towers fall down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy neighbor! I live in Central Arkansas. Thanks for the link. Such a horrific act and still so hard to believe it actually happened. We have visited the college on numerous occasions having friends and family who live near. College of the Ozarks is true hidden treasure and absolutely beautiful school. All student's should have the choice to graduate debt free. I love Fiber art, although my talents aren't there, I so admire those who create such beauty. Following.
    Happy Creating and Remembering those precious lives lost today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also remembered 9/11, as I mentioned on my blog. I was almost out the door when I saw the first plane hit. I was on my way to the bank to refinance my house. As I was picking out an option to refinance the house, a woman walked in and said the entire banking system in the U.S. had been shut down for fear of a terrorist cyber attack. As I left the bank, I saw four uniformed police on one side of the street and six on the bank side. I rushed home and my neighbor saw me before I went inside. She told me the towers were down. I couldn't believe it, and was just shocked. I had been in those towers just a few years earlier, and memories of that time came flooding back. Thanks for the remembrance, and I see you met Kim today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too remember this day, and it is one that we should not forget ...
    A good post, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit