Sunday, July 16, 2023

T Stands for 10th Anniversary

   T This week is a celebration event with our hostess's Bleubeard and Elizabeth for 10 years of T Stands for Tuesday. 

  I would like to thank Elizabeth for hosting this event for all of us every week for 10 years, and I don't believe she ever missed a Tuesday.(that I remember)

  I first learned about T from being invited to join from two blog friends-Deb now living in Texas and Carol from Missouri. When my favorite social media site-Multiply-sold out to a foreign company, and that company got rid of our blogs-sigh-I was having a difficult time finding another blog site that I liked.  By this time most of my friends were no longer blogging but were enjoying Facebook instead.  I had enjoyed Blogger as there are many crafts persons and artists here-just very difficult to find and connect with. 

  Over the years that I have been here on T,  I have learned about mixed media, journals, painting and more. I also have enjoyed our hostess's tutorials and reading your T posts. Being mostly a fiber artist I learned allot of new things  over the years from T.

  Elizabeth wanted us to share a photo of something 10, so I decided to grab 10 tea bags. Most all of these I have shared on one of my blogs for my drink reference over the years.


  My swap partner was Cloudia in Hawaii, I have never known or gotten mail from Hawaii before.

   I didn't even think about taking photos of the small package I had sent her at the time-and was so surprised how fast it arrived-only took 3-4 days from Missouri. That is really fast I found a vintage postcard of Lake in the Ozarks online, I also made a postcard to celebrate the 10th anniversary, and I sent along several tea bags.

    Cloudia sent me a vintage postcard too which I really love, that was mailed inside a pretty envelope with butterflies. I love the postcard-thank you. She sent me a sample packet of white truffle face moisturizer by Truffloire which will be new to me to try. Cloudia also sent along a card about a lady shopping in a wine store-that said " I don't remember the name, but it had a taste that I liked"  That was a fun "funny" That circle is the state of Hawaii seal.


I did also get a photo of the stamp


   For mine, I sent out small packages instead of envelopes, I wanted tracking on them, and being around $5.00 or more-that was just too many stamps to ask the postal lady to put on the packages-and I would not have had the tracking either. Sorry I know Elizabeth wanted actual stamps.


 I also sent a postcard to friend Deb, and she sent me a lovely ATC


and the back has the number 10



  I will close with another root beer float-smiles (for my drink reference today)-I am out of my homemade ice cream now so will need to make more once it cools down enough to go grocery shopping.  There is also an empty bottle of wine in the back.


  Happy 10th anniversary for T Stands for Tuesday




Find coffee, decaf coffee & hot water for tea for our T party today



(photos found online)

    Just a little update: my swap partner did not share what I sent her for T's 10th anniversary today, but I did want to at least share the vintage postcard I had sent to Cloudia  I had searched around for one and found this postcard on Ebay-I liked the map of Lake in the Ozarks on this card-known as the snake since it is very long and curvy.  
   We live on this lake near Versailles - find upper middle of card.   I don't remember now what postcard I had made her for the anniversary, thinking like the one Deb shared.



Early Tuesday morning my swap partner did share a photo of some of the items I mailed to her thanks Cloudia
 

29 comments:

  1. Happy 10th Anniversary to All!

    What fun! The years go by so fast, I think we should keep a written blog journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy T day also, getting to know people who enjoy different things teaches you so much. It's fantastic that Elizabeth does this. I like seeing your postcard and package from Hawaii. I didn't do stamps on my swap either. OH well. And have a happy T day-year 10 too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post. I will be getting mine up tomorrow. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good aniversary and congratulations for It.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, Kathy, you seem to be enjoying the party and the swaps. Have a great T Day Anniversary, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well said! I learned a lot from this group, too. Hm, I never heard of Multiply. It would be terrible if blogger closed down! All the memories gone...
    The other day I saw a short docu on Route 66. The German guy was like really dumb, it was embarrassing. He ordered a root beer with ice cream and said it was funny Americans put ice cream into beer.
    Oh, duuuuude! As a reporter she sould´ve known that root beer is not like the average German beer... (in his defense, though: I´ve never seen root beer here).
    With that: cheers to 10 years of T and hugs to you and the lake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 10 that sounds like a fun thing to do.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy TSFT 10th Anniversary wishes dear Kathy! I loved visiting you today, you have so many wonderful 10's included in your posts to celebrate this special day and join the T Party 😊. Your ATCs and goodies that you received look amazing and I'd love to join you for that root beer float, I've never had one. Happy T Tuesday wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you shared your 10 tea bags as your required 10 somethings for T this week, dear Kathy. I love that you got a lovely postcard and tea from Hawaii. Nice to get a stamp that was cancelled in Hawaii, I'm sure. Loved that Cloudia sent you a seal of the state, too.

    I normally have a root beer float on our anniversary, but not this year. I like you shared yours, though.

    So glad you and Deb shared ATCs and cards, too. Clever how you used another 10, too.

    Once nice thing about T Tuesday is, we all learn something new. I've learned so much from reading posts and loved how diverse and different each person is who joins in each week. Thanks for sharing your tea bags, your gifts from Cloudia (including the postage stamp), and your root beer float with us for T this week, dear Kathy. SO glad you joined us, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you joined T Kathy! It wouldn't be T without you!! I know you and i have struggled with 'T' over the years. It can be difficult to get around to all the T partyiers! But i'm so glad we have stuck it out. I'm glad you enjoyed your little ATC and i love my Post Card from you. I forgot to take a photo of what i sent Nancy before i sent it on its way.. Great idea to show 10 teabags! and that rootbeer reminds me we need to drive to Fredericksburg and get some more... they don't carry it here.. Happy Anniversary! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post Kathy. I am so glad I have met you through Elizabeth's Tday posts. You show us so many wonderful fiber creations, recipes, and gorgeous lake pictures. I am always excited to see what you are up to and miss you when you can't visit. Lovely post card you swapped and received with Cloudia and how fun Deb sent goodies too. Again, I want a root beer float. Yum! Happy Special 10 day (creative way to do your picture with tea bags too). Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kathy, I really like what you wrote about T Tuesday. It pretty much sums it up. Bummer that you lost your first blog, I hope Blogger will never get the idea of shutting down, that would be quite sad. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Kathy, Im not here every week and since hubby suddenly passed away haven't done much blogging, but Elizabeth paired me up with Jo and I think we've done a splended job! Thank you Elizabeth! Hope to be joining in a lot more from now on. Have a great week Happy T Anniversary!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's lovely to see what you have received from Hawaii. Beautiful stamp too. And I like how you showed 10 using tea bags. It is always interesting to join this T Tuesday every week. Happy 10th T Tuesday anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy T to you, Kathy! You have shared so many great posts (and drinks) here. I love the map! Mary @ Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 10 years of Tea Tuesday! - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kathy that’s a lovely map on the postcard and how great to receive mail from Hawaii, that would get our post lady going as she comments on my cards from USA and Canada. HappyT T Anniversary Jan S

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 10th T Day Anniversary. Awesome goodies you received. I like the vintage Lake of the Ozarks postcard you sent. I love the map postcards as it is so nice to see where the sender lives or visited.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, post from Hawaii! I have received a postcard from Hawaii once through Postcrossing, but it is still very exciting as it is so far away, in the middle of the Pacific ocean on the other side of the world!
    I love the postcard of your Lake of the Ozarks. Now I can imagine where you live....
    Happy anniversary T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy 10th T Anniversary It'd be exciting to get mail from Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Update! I'm thrilled to say that I shared your beautiful postcard and fun bunny notepad! Thank you so much for bearing with my sort of complicated life right now. I sure look forward to everyone's tea on Tuesday! And I'm very glad to have met you. Kathy. You will always feel like a cousin now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Cloudia I appreciate that-hoping your life gets more normal soon-hugs

      Delete
  22. Happy T-versary! I'm so glad you have found such a lovely community as the blog world again after your first experience of losing things. I'm glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kathy, Elizabeth deserves a great big congratulations for hosting this special event for ten years. Looks like you have made some wonderful friends by being a part of this Tuesday special! Love your postcard too friend. Take care and have a great day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved seeing your sent and received items from the swap as well as hearing about how you found Tea Day. Vintage postcards are always fun.
    Happy Belated Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy 10th Anniversary to all ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  26. It was an incredible T day, we all had a great time. How beautiful everything that Claudia sent you, and the 10 tea bags are wonderful. It is true that this blogger world unites a lot of people, and I hope they never close it.
    I wish you a nice day, big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit