Monday, July 24, 2023

Spinning

   Most of the morning today I spun up the Wensleydale, I am happy with the spin-although still not even-it's not overspun, and I think it's my finest yarn so far. I have been spinning bulky singles-which will be fun to weave with, but I have been spinning to improve this summer.

  Some how I have ended up with lots of spun yarns that are white in color-I will be needing to get out the dye pot this fall.

  


  I started on the Shetland that I shared on my last spinning post-and got a basket full pre drafted and ready to spin. This is a light brown fleece.


  I did not have any of my own lavender in the garden this year, so I needed to order some-It came today-I use it to keep bugs away from the wool The lavender was packed nicely and smells wonderful-I always have loved lavender.



  I have never bought dried lavender on stems before so seemed strange-haha My  new plants should be doing well next year.

  It was so hot and humid again today that neither of us worked outdoors. Larry hurt his neck and shoulder really bad a couple days ago so he has been resting and using ice packs.  

   Need to remember to take food photos-I wanted something simple today so I made us a goulash. I saute'd chunks of zucchini, red onion, sweet pepper, and fresh mushrooms. When tender I added a jar of spaghetti sauce, then added the browned organic hamburger, and lastly a gluten free pasta. This meal turned out really nice-pasta not over cooked, and the dish not to dry-just the right amount of sauce. Good Eats and of course I used cast iron-smiles

   Have a good evening

  

14 comments:

  1. Sure Hope Larry feels better very soon. Your art is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening , thank you so much Cloudia, I keep working at spinning nicer yarn hugs

      Delete
  2. I love that your gluten- free pasta turned out not mushy. Love all the veg you added. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too it can turn mushy really fast too-I keep an on the time it's boiling

      Delete
  3. I have never seen dried lavender on stems over here...are those culinary lavender?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this on ebay, I always harvested mine with their stems so that is what I searched for-I would think you could use this in the kitchen too they just harvest and then dry it

      Delete
  4. I have lots of lavender-I would have sent it to you! It will be nice that you can dye the yarn-I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you-I never even thought to post that I needed lavender and ask if friends had extra--I have a long time friend that is on facebook now instead of blogging and she offered hers too-I appreciate it

      Delete
  5. Goulash is such a fun and easy meal that leaves lots of leftovers. Any time of the year it is good to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never knew that about lavender and wool. Will need to grab some from my mom now for my wool blankets. I made Goulash last week minus the zucchini, but should have added it in as I had some. Oh well next time. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon, yes lavender is excellent also dried heads of tansy are great too-I grew them before but they are very invasive so better to plant the seeds in a large pot. I just thought of the zucchini last minute

      Delete
  7. I like yarn that isn't 100% even and smooth. It gives it more texture and doesn't look machine made. So applying that to your yarn, I think it sounds perfect. Goulash sounds yummy too. It's a good time of year for something simple since it's been so warm every place. Stay cool. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, I agree I don't want perfect spun yarn either, I kinda like the thick and thin areas for textures. That is what the saori weaving is about-just enjoy the weaving-no rules-no perfection.
      I really like goulash type dishes too. Happy wednesday

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit