Monday, April 2, 2018

T Stands for Tuesday and More This & That

A new month is upon us and another T Stands for Tuesday is upon us as well.  
     This is where we share a drink related post with friends. You are most welcome to join us. Find the link to our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth in my right hand column.

   Wow April 1st brought us falling temps down to the mid twenties last night and early Monday morning. Yesterday afternoon we had hard rain followed by about 10 to 15 minutes of falling hail-in the photos that is not snow but ice. This is a first for me that kind of accumulation of hail on the ground. The trees and things were getting iced over while I was feeding the wildlife.




The geese pair is now coming up for the corn and sunflower seeds. I throw them corn on the side of the house here The above pond is on the left of the geese. That is Sir John standing tall and guarding Izzy while she eats first.



As you can see if the "yard" is not iced over then it is so saturated with water-with much more to come.

Last week Tuesday when I got my mail-surprise what I was waiting for arrived.  
   When I do the Virtual Running walks we can sign up for a small basic fee or we can also order what ever swag we want. I don't know what swag means but that is what they call it lol  
    For the Yellowstone race and the Earth Day race I also order the medal which is always very nice. One can also order all sorts of t shirts and a bib to pin on to your shirt-so you can really feel like you are in the race.   I decided after I registered to buy the bib as it would be perfect for my fabric journal. I ordered late but they still printed one out for me.
   Here are a few photos of the layout for my March pages. Nothing is sewn down yet, and I also have a couple more dates I want to put in.  I covered up my name and address on the bib.
   I am quite happy with my wool walking person and I added the hat and hair pulled back-which is me all the way. haha








 This past week has been put on hold since I needed to start organizing and cleaning house. Hubs has a friend coming in tomorrow to potentially stay a week. The weather is not cooperating at all for what they had planned, and Hubs is not feeling real well either. So I am not sure what they will be doing as it is too cold to be outdoors for him now. 
    I still can't get over how cold it is here for April. The weather man said last night we were in the 80's this time last year. 
     The rain is to continue for the next 10 days it looks like. I had to move all my bottles with seeds under the over hang to keep them warmer and not get saturated with all this rain.

I am sharing another new wine for me this week. I found it at Aldi, this one comes from Spain It is a dry red-but very mellow. I love this one and may pick up another bottle if they still have some. This one does not pucker up your mouth like some very dry reds will.




Last night I decided to make us up a big pan of popcorn. We even splurged with melted butter and sea salt.
   This popcorn is my favorite now, small kernels, very tender, no hulls. Found it on Amazon. I was born a Hoosier in Indiana and I must say they grow the best popcorn.


When I went out to feed the wildlife today, brrrr still very cold out there, the ice is melting off the trees and the roof. The temperatures are just above freezing.  Still allot of patches of ice around.  I need to go to town early tomorrow so hoping we are not below freezing again.
   I put some citrus quarters out in case the Baltimore Orioles should stop by on their way north.





Happy T Stands for Tuesday
Thank you so much for stopping by

19 comments:

  1. Oh my- looks like the weather is all mixed up everywhere-we just got snow again- and only the day before it was sunny and seasonably warm. Poor plants and animals...
    love the homespun look of that fabric you chose for the base of your page.
    And oh- I never thought of hanging citrus- must give it a try:) Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy these posts....and love seeing your journal. Your virtual walks have me googling them...LOL! Like that idea! Wine and popcorn...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surprised even your weather is bad. What is it with this spring? Winter is hanging on for sure. Your quilt piece is looking wonderful. I like the stories you tell with your quilt pieces. Hope the weathermen are wrong so you husband can enjoy some outside tie with his friend. Happy T day-Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your progress on these journal pages. I see some pretty flowers coming up in your pictures. I know what your saying about the crazy weather. We are having it too. Sunny one day and snow the next. Crazy but I know spring will come!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see the pics of your wildlife, but it still looks soooooo cold where you are, brrrrrr! The wine looks good though! Great journal pages, you are getting along well. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, the weather... april, that is... the craze seems to be all around the year meanwhile and everywhere...
    nice to follow your fabric journal - love you as a walking person:)
    happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your weather looks terrible, no signs of spring yet. We have snow again as well, we all hope it will change soon.
    Your fabric pieces look fantastic, a wonderful way to record the memories of the things that you are taking part in.
    Happy T day wishes, the pop corn sounded very tasty.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend who visited here said Mother Nature must be off her meds. She is acting bipolar. I couldn't agree more. First it's warm, then cold, then more cold. Unlike you, I have still only gotten that tiny bit of rain, but have had two hard freezes and today is not expected over 40F. Yesterday's high was 36F.

    I really LOVE what you are doing in your fabric journal. How grand that you now have the proof of your virtual walk. It makes a great statement, that's for sure.

    I enjoyed the lovely photos of the wildlife and think you have given them a great place to feel safe.

    I'm not a wine drinker, but I might buy that wine just for the label on the bottle, It's AWESOME. Thanks for sharing your wine, your fabric journal's progress, and your wildlife and ICE photos with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, I like that your journal tells a story about things important to you each month. Mine is starting to come together as I am now laying out my first page. By contrast, there’s not a chronological story like yours. Mine does have a theme though with some handmade things and fabrics with images that fit the theme. I especially like your depiction of spring rain, very effective!, and your image with your hair pulled back is also very special. I also like the image on your wine bottle! ��

    ReplyDelete
  10. Winter just won't let go. We got a couple of inches of snow on the ground yesterday. Your fabric book looks great. The photos with the deer are so colorful. Looks like the cold weather hasn't deterred the daffodils and I love how the oranges make the whole scene pop. Have a Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swag..lol I used to call it Bling when i was doing 5k's and Half Marathons... those were the days...lol Love your journal Kathy. Its going to be something really special to keep and to have.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Memphis isn't _that_ far away from the Ozarks, and yet the weather here is nothing likes yours right now. We're expecting a high today of 77 and a low tonight of 37. So strange! Your wildlife is fun to see photos of; I know they must be a joy to live with :)

    That wine label is nice, and I do like a dry red. I've never had that kind of popcorn. It looks good! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the stories you tell with your fabric journal and the Yellowstone bib worked beautifully on your page! How wonderful to see all your wildlife visitors and I hope the weather improves for you soon 😁. We had rain this morning and sunshine this afternoon, so we went on a new walk along the River Ribble, which was lovely. It was too hot for coats too, so that's a definite sign spring is on its way 😉. Wishing you a Happy T Day and thanks so much for your happy birthday wishes! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much to see here! It's so cool that you do the virtual runs and love that bib you put in your book-great idea!I'm hungry for popcorn now...lol! Happy T day!☕

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have some very cool items for your March fabric journal page, Kathy. The bib is quite special and your woolwalking person is terrific. I think wool is hard to cut so precisely.

    Popccorn with no hulls? How do they do that? I'll be watching for it in our stores.

    While you're still dealing with icy rain and mud, our temps are reaching the low 90s some days and the air is very dry. It would be nice if we could add our weathers together and average them - lol.

    I'm late to T again. Sorry! I'll catch up one of these days ;-)

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of my sons had snow yesterday and we saw snow up on the hills while we were driving home yesterday!Your fabric journal page looks fabulous! Happy T day Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great journal...love the mix of materials you use. We're still in the midst of our snowstorm. Shoveled twice and its still coming down. Oh well...it will melt eventually. :)
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wine and popcorn...mmmmm! I love your fabric art Kathy, the wool You especially.
    Belated happy T-Day!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's lovely to see the same geese I saw in your other post. They are regulars .
    Love how your fabric journal is coming on. The woolly you is fab.
    Wine and pop corn. Now that is an idea....
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit