Thursday, April 12, 2018

Good Morning Thursday

 Good morning everyone,
     This week is flying on by already for me.
Finally some warmer weather-actually a couple days of above average temperatures. It shot up into the high 70's f yesterday and will again today, however it comes with 40 mile an winds. Major storms coming in on Friday and then cold again for the weekend. They even mentioned the snow word for my area on Sunday-I am thinking Mother Nature is very confused this April (laughing)
   Monday I went back to the dentist and had the other bottom moller tooth pulled-I just could not justify adding another $3,000.00 to justify saving it yet again, when in the end I think it could possibly cause me troubles in the future. This one is healing allot more slowly then the smaller tooth that I had pulled a couple weeks ago. Now on my right side lower I have a fractured tooth that needs a crown-I will get that one fixed in another week or so.  So drama with my mouth still ugh
   Hubs new medicine that is to rid all of the water around his heart and lungs is working but it comes with a bad side effect so we are working on dealing with that.  I have to tell ya living as a senior sometimes is just no picnic-I would love to backtrack back to my 50's. I am thinking I have been reading too many time travel books Ha Ha.
    I did finish up getting the rest of my seeds planted into their bottle greenhouses yesterday. The rest have still been outdoors but I had moved them to a more protected area from the elements. I am hoping we have seen the last of the below freezing temps so I can leave them in place. I only have so far the cabbage seeds that have started to sprout. To the right is a raised bed that I had planted allot of seeds for lettuce, greens, radishes and such before all those way below freezing temps came in-nothing has come up as of yet.



    When I took my walk yesterday I discovered Izzy (canada goose) was now sitting on her eggs. This time she is in clear view and not as hidden as before. If you enlarge the photo you can see her on the little island near that pear tree that is greening up.



I have not had a chance or felt good enough this week to get back to sewing my March journal pages. and April is going by so quickly too. I am hoping not to get too far behind. Next week our Wisconsin friends will be coming down for a visit. They come down every April and this year they are bringing another couple with them-so hoping we have good weather to break out the grills.

In the evenings I have been spinning the bison fibers andhave finished another niddy noddy full. I just broke down a couple more big balls of roving to prepare for more spinning. I think my yarn is finally getting a little more even, but for this fiber I just so enjoy working with it. This is just so soft and fragile (unlike what I would think of bison) and I do think of the bison that I visited in Yellowstone last May-so it just makes me happy to work with.







On a totally different note---I so dislike facebook, I am on there only because all of my original friends from yahoo 360 and multiply blogs and here are now only on facebook-ugh  I just put a note over there that I will be on facebook only to check in and mostly to enjoy the groups I am in there, and that I will be mostly here instead.  So I am hoping to post more here at my favorite place-blogging with friends and artists.

Tomorrow is Cast Iron Fridays-not sure yet what I will be sharing. I have been thinking of baking up an upside down cake with a new gluten free cake mix.  You are most welcome to stop by and visit or share a cast iron post. 

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the dentist and best stay healthy wishes for you and your hubby- have fun with the visitors Kathy! The same I think about and I handle my FB account. Not my preferred social media place.
    Great with this plants in their bottle greenhouses - I thank you for the tipps you gave me! All the best for the lovely Izzy!
    You could take your fantastic wool to warm her eggs...lol!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad often said getting old was not for the faint of heart. Hope your tooth drama is done. Tooth pain is just so hard to ignore. Izzy looks cute and content on her nest by the pear tree on the little island. Funny, I started blogging on Yahoo 360 before coming to Blogger. I have some morning glory seeds, I suppose I should get them started before it's too late. Still chilly here though supposed to get a little warmer by Saturday. Then cool again, with a rain storm. At least it looks like it has finished snowing. Hope I don't jinx things. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I feel your pain, I hate dental work! I broke a crown right after changing insurance so I have the pain of paying for it too. Glad your husband is on a medication that is working, I hope the doctor can manage the side effects. I hope we get to see pics of baby geese soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do need to get my blog going here . Me thinks there's going to be a mass exodus from FB shortly. Nice blog post today Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dentists are always scary. I get nitrous oxide, even when they clean my teeth. I'm such a baby. I hope your husband's side effects can be cleared up soon.

    I am supposed to get another hard freeze here tomorrow, so I hope it doesn't reach your area. It's beautiful today, but very windy with lots of grass fires. Good luck with your seeds.

    I have NEVER been on facebook and never will be. I'm a blogger and not on any other social media site. I hope your friends wise up and leave, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh....I better enjoy my 50s huh. LOL Love the pics from your walk....and yes, spring is slow coming isn't it! ARG!! We too are craving bbq/patio weather....feel better soon and keep enjoying your garden prep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your dental issues, Kathy. I know them well, and it’s so expensive. I’m with you re: Facebook. I belong to one group there, otherwise nothing else, dont even have one “friend”. Mine is a boring page. Seeing your bison roving, spun yarn, and niddy noddy made me homesick for that activity. I hope I can go back to it someday soon. Sometimes medication side effects feel worse than what it’s trying to fix. Don’t have a choice if it’s a serious issue though. I hope you both feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit