Saturday, April 21, 2018

Happy Earth Day Everyone

  Sunday is Earth Day here in the States.  Happy Earth Day Elizabeth and all of you that celebrate.

      This is one of the virtual races I love to do. 
Since tonight and most of tomorrow we are suppose to get rain, I walked my 5K late afternoon today. I was proud of myself as I finally got it back to under an hour again this year. I did my 5K in 55 minutes, which is good for me.

     Today was such a lovely day, warmer and more sun than they said which was nice. I finally was able to work in the garden a bit too. I hand disked over the soil so I could plant some onion sets and pea pods. I also got in some perennial flowering bulbs too that will be nice for the butterflies.  I need to pick up several bags of the miracle grow soil for gardens soon. 
   This past week we saw our first couple of hummingbirds. They seemed to be passing on by though Usually April 15th is when they start arriving but this year April has just been so cold and winter like.

Happy Earth Day


5 comments:

  1. Happy Earth Day to you too Kathy! My small piece of Earth is enjoying a slow steady rain this afternoon and on into the evening.. maybe even tomorrow.. We'll take it .. we need it..

    Maybe next year we should exchange an Earth day card or Postcard.. what do you say? Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Earth Day to you, too, Kathy. I am so proud of you and your 5K walk. I'll be lucky if it stops raining today. You found a fabulous image to share with us. And hopefully it won't be freezing, either in the morning when I go to my bEARTHday breakfast. Have a wonderful walk and great Earth Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earth Day! I love that reminder, such an important one. Our spring hasn’t arrived really, so low to appear this year. I could use some walking motivation. Where is your virtual 5K? That is a good distance to walk. I go that far in a day, but not all at once. Congratulations on that achievement! I wish I had your 300 acres to explore. ;) Do you use a pedometer?was

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your personal best 5K. What perennial bulbs did you plant for the butterflies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Earth day Kathy and congratulations on doing your personal best 5K.
    Sounds like your weather is good as well.
    Have a lovely day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit