Thursday, April 12, 2018

Sharing a Video: In The Pond

  I am one of those no tech persons. I could do away with most tech stuff-but since retirement and the fact that we live pretty isolated in our woods-I love all of my friends in my computer. So I would really miss that and all of you if I was not connected.
   I have a GE point and shoot digital camera that I bought several years ago and ended up taking it with to Yellowstone last year May. I love this one and they don't seem to make them any  more but when the battery goes out the company always sends me a new one.  This camera has a video feature and I have forgotten all about it til now. I wish now I would have remembered to use this in Yellowstone last year. 
       Anyways a couple years ago my computer system had gotten totally fried by a lightning strike to a couple of trees on our property-the current went underground and zapped me. So in the interim a friend loaned me her old dated computer which did not support my videos so I just totally forgot the video feature.

  Anyways sorry for the long explanation. I was out feeding the wildlife and discovered that Sir John and the Muscovy duck pair had finally come to terms in sharing the pond up by the house and the corn without squabbling. A first-Sir John has been trying to run them out of "His" pond.
    I was glad to see  Sir John and one of the ducks swimming in the pond together. The male was on the side and Mrs. Muscovy was swimming around and bathing.
     I grabbed the camera and by the time I came outdoors with it Sir John was sitting up by the bank and Mrs. Muscovy was still swimming. Sorry I thought that was the video that I uploaded but that was the one they are saying is too large sigh  
   I will need to remember to make shorter videos-that one was about 30 seconds long-do any of you know what is the maximum video length to upload is? thanks
  If you click on the video it will enlarge to view better. I am really sorry the one with them swimming would not load



Afterwards I saw them both out of the pond together which is this video, and a bit later Mr. Muscovy came over to join them. So I think they are getting along now. lol 


 I really enjoy seeing birds in our ponds. I think they are choosing this one since it is close to the corn and sunflower seeds.


Update: it is so warm here (would you believe mid 80's f) that I went out for my walk and was just able to do a mile instead of the 3 miles I like to do. So I grabbed the camera too for fun 

This is me and my shadow


I thought I would try the video feature again, I will need to upload them at another time-being so rural our internet is very expensive and we are also timed for the amount of data we use. these videos are taking a very long time to load so I just remembered we will get charged if I upload more now.

  


4 comments:

  1. You walk 3 miles, every day?! Wow, I’m happy with barely more than 1. Late day sun makes your shadow look a bit like a fun-house mirror. Lol. Your video is great. That and your shadow give your post real “life”. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also not a tech person, but I thought you could load at least 20 minutes onto YouTube. I could be wrong, because I'm not on that site, but I enjoyed the video, anyway. Yes, I would wait until you don't get charged for uploading your videos or your data, so I know it will be there once you can do it free of charge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo, glad you are getiing out and about. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, upload your videos to youtube and embed them with a link. It will save your blog storage space, and you can do longer videos. It is pretty easy, let me know if you need help.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit