Saturday, January 5, 2019

What I Have Been Reading

Good morning Saturday,

    When I shared the movie: The Bridges of Madison County I decided to search out the book it was based on.
    I have loved this movie and sometimes -actually most times the book that the movie story is based on is even better.

   The author is Robert James Waller I think he was not well known until this book was shared as the movie. here is more about him He died in 2017 but he still has an author page on Amazon.

  To my surprise he also wrote an epilogue titled A Thousand Country Roads  If you loved and cried while watching the movie-you will love and cry also at the end of this second book. I finished it last night-I am ready to read it again.

  The move stayed true I think to the style of his writing. The movie also stayed true to the first book except it added the story line of the children-which was a good way to tell the story. 
   The children are mentioned in the books-and Wow this second book tells more of Richard's life-and Wow Wow I really suggest you read it if you want more. 
   The kindle version was too expensive for me-over $11.00 I think it was craziness for an ereader and I won't pay that-but I found the two books for less than that in hard cover and jackets.

image 0









We are being spoiled here in the Ozarks with warm mid 60's f for the next three days. Today is suppose to be the nicest with full sun and no wind-so of course we are headed to the lake house today. I packed up the suburban with the rest of my craft books these are weaving, spinning, mixed media, and rug hooking. Also had room for a a couple boxes of fabrics.

Hoping Hubs takes some time to go fishing today.

Enjoy your Saturday!!

16 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the film or read the book. Wow, that is expensive for an e-book. Have you tried your library? You can borrow e-books as well has hardcovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have always lived so rural that the library is too inconvient I miss a good library thuogh the lake house will be even further away from a llbrary

      Delete
  2. I read this book ages ago when it was all the rage. I can't say I remember much except that there is a love story involved. I guess it is time for a reread. Happy reading! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read the first book, Kathy, but I did not know there is a second one too. Is seems very interesting. Thank you for the suggestion. Happy New Year, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound good books Kathy and it sounds like you enjoyed reading them again.
    e-books do seem to be getting more expensive. I stopped buying them and found a super second hand store on line and of course I can never walk past a Charity shop without giving the book shelves a look over. We are also lucky to have a library in our next village and we do support it.
    Have a good weekend.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when we move to the lake house-I will have a chance to explore some thrift shops and a used book store-I love those too I miss a good library-they just are good when you live rural

      Delete
  5. I loved the book and movie Bridges of Madison County, but didn't realize there was a sequel! Now I'm going to rewatch the first and then read the second. THANKS for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are having the perfect Saturday at the Lake House, I hope your hubby enjoyed his fishing and that your craft room is now all unpacked 😁. Glad you enjoyed reading the books again and wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sound like very good reads Kathy!

    Have a great Sunday!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen that movie or read either book. We're having the same weather here in Memphis that y'all are having. I know you'll enjoy it at the lake house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beautiful at the lake house but we worked instead of enjoying it

      Delete
  9. I've never read either book, but heard about the movie.

    For the life of me, I simply DO NOT understand the love of e-readers. Give me a real book with real pages. Let me feel the paper as I turn the page in my hand. Guess I'm really OLD SCHOOL when it comes to books!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit