Friday, January 18, 2019

Just Completed Part 1 of My 2018 Fabric Journal

  Happy Friday everyone,

    I worked a few days on book work in the beginning of the week and decided yesterday enough was enough for awhile lol  I was eager to get back to working on my fabric journal these past couple of days.
    My goal was to get the rest of the 6 month pages sewn in plus the cover. I just finished and am quite pleased with this project.
   How I had originally thought I could make this into one huge book I have now decided would be a bit too crazy. 
    I think it would have been neat all in one book-but would have been cumbersome to get the last of the pages sewn in. I think I will like this journal being two books.

  I made a short video but will save that for next Tuesday, but here are a few photos.

  photos will enlarge to full size just click on them

This photo shows I am almost finished sewing the back cover onto the last page




I added beads and things to the top and the bottom of the pages


This is the turn side of the pages and I had messed up and sewn in beads on one of the pages-but I decided I liked it for a little whimsy or interest.



This shows on the bottom corner I sewed in a circle of beads or something different


This is the top of the pages


Now on to designing a cover for the second book and get pages prepared for the next 6 months.
  Was quite excited with the finish so had to share with my art friends.

15 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Kathy. I love the cover. Is it blue wool felt or blue wool? The beads are a wonderful addition. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blue wool-it is blanket weight so fairly thick, the plaid is a thin wool fabric

      Delete
    2. Your book came out great. I love the addition of the beads and embellishments. Looking forward to seeing your video on Tues.

      Delete
  2. Well done on getting the first half completes, it looks beautiful. You have put a lot of hard work into it, and I can imagine how good it will be to look through it in coming years. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond lovely, Kathy! I’m always drawn to the use of beads, and I love that they move about as the book is being viewed. I like the way you grounded the cover images with the additional stitched elements under and up around the animal lower left corner. A project like this teaches us a lot about composition. Your appliqué pieces are perfect, and so is your echo hand stitching around some of some of them. Very well done, and something that begs to be seen, page by page. Enjoy your second installment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the color and weight of the fabric, and those beads are the perfect touch. I've never seen a fabric book except for the ones I had for the kids when they were little. I like this concept :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I have really enjoyed working on this project-I got the inspiration on how to sew it together from Million Little Stitches-the link for the tutorial is in my sidebar under inpriational sites

      Delete
  5. Wow, Kathy! Your fabric journal is just amazing!!!!!!!!!!! What a great inspiration and lovely fabrics!!!!!!! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ONE word: FANTASTIC!
    Happy weekend Kathy!
    Hugsm Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kathy, this is an AWESOME book, all the wonderful sewing and details you have added makes this a very special project.
    Have a good weekend Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yvonne, I am very happy with this-made me smile at the last stitch

      Delete
  8. Oh how lovely! I love all of your extra little details! I am anxious to see your video. What fun for a cold, winter's day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Late again, dear friend. This turned out great. I see you figured the pattern out made it your own. You have a lot invested in this and it turned out drop dead gorgeous. I'd love to see it in person and run my hands over it.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit