Friday, June 1, 2018

Your Comments are Now Posted (since my Memorial Day Post)

  I must apologize as I have not been on the computer allot since last weekend, but I also could not figure out why no one was visiting me.  Thought it had something to do with that notifying about cookies or something ha ha
  I have been approving my comments for several years now do to some bad spam posts I was getting. Now that Google no longer allows open identity to comment I could probably stop moderating, and then comments would have posted on their own-even though I am not getting email notifications right now.
  I really like getting email notifications because if someone reads through my old posts even back to 2008 I will get notified which is nice to know about.

  My friend Barbara sent me a heads up that email notification was not working-for me it has not worked I see since my Memorial Day Post. So I was thinking ahhhh my comments are listed in my settings for me to approve.  Well they are all up now.

  I want to thank all of you for visiting and commenting. I appreciate your well wishes very much. I think that since I have lived here now since 2003 here in our woods my allergies are picking up on everything now and this has been a very very bad month-the weather man says the mold and pollen count is higher than he can remember and he has been the weather man here for almost 30 years now.

   I just had to drive into town this morning to buy food-mostly fresh veggies and fruits, and get gas in my car too. We were even hotter today so by the time I got home fixed dinner and put everything away it was almost 5 pm   tiring  I try to do this just once a month.
   I am starting to feel better today after getting sleep at last with no constant coughing. 

  I am sorry I did not see your question Elizabeth for Memorial Day. My Hubs I am thinking probably would decline as he saw bad things over there in Viet Nam, and then when he was spat on at the airport by protesters when he came home-so he does not talk about that war.  Still sleeps with nightmares after all these years. Vets suffer so much from service fighting wars.

I am off to watch the Royals baseball now-I love watching sports my Hubs watches movies lol

12 comments:

  1. We have the heat and humidity now too. Ugh. I don't mind some warmth but this humidity is awful. Hope your temperatures cool off too, and you have a good weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks I guess we will be getting two better days early next week

      Delete
  2. Erika might not like the humidity, but I don't mind it. It will only last a couple 2 days before a cold front moves in. Winter lasts so long and you never have to shovel humidity. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we used to live in northern Illinois not far from chicago so humidity was not an issue escept for a few days in the summer-which I didn't mind much-as it can be a welcome change. but after living here now once we retired-mostly to get rid of the brutal winters-some summers can be too much and I feel trapped indoors just like during the winter. so a little humidity goes a long way for me ha ha

      Delete
  3. OMGosh. I just wrote a LONG message and Firefox wouldn't accept it. I'm going to send this as a test.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please let me know if you got my first message. If not, I'll try to remember what I wrote about heat, removing clothes in summer, and your husband his PTSD problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand how Larry can still be relieving the war. Such a shame. I have a good friend who had the same thing happen to him when he came home. I can tell you he doesn't think much of Jane Fonda because the person who did it seems to have been a supporter of hers. He won't watch war movies.
    Hope your notifications are working now. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep we have nothing to do with Jane Fonda around here either-I can't believe she is a new movie now either.
      still no notifications-but I have my moderation comment page open now to view all of them-thanks for stopping by Susan-hugs

      Delete
  6. Glad you feel better now- I am with you about shopping and putting away all afterwards- I can imagine how long it takes you - I drive shopping once a week and also need at least two hours to put away all things. OMG I can believe how your hubby feels when surved in Vietnam. I think that the best is that most people who suffered such bad things just try to forget. It's a way to fight against bad memories! Give much love to him .. love heals everything ♥♥♥
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not getting post notifications, either. It seems to be blogger-wide, but at least they're aware of it and working on a fix. Soon, I hope. It does feel odd not to get them in my email.

    I was not a fan of the Vietnam War, but then neither were most folks serving there. That mess was hardly the fault of those who accepted the call to service. Please tell your hubs I appreciate his willingness to serve the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I will tell him.
      I am feeling lost without the notifications too-but I have been keeping the comments section open from settings to let me know when someone posts

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit