Saturday, June 30, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

Inspired from CJ's blog. We share movies that we love to watch more than once.

I am a bit late this morning, as I was outdoors from 6:30 am to 11:00 am spraying very invasive poison ivy and poison oak that has grown crazy this year do to this extreme heat and humidity here, along with rain that we do not normally get after Memorial Day. I sprayed 4 gallons and by the time I finished it was too hot to be outdoors anymore and I thought my right hand was going to fall off from hand squeezing the trigger so long. lol and could not believe it that a wild animal probably the raccoon that comes in at night to see if I left kitty food out, bit into the side of this very expensive brush killer and I had lost over half the concentrated bottle-now why would they think that's food?? ha ha

   Ok back to the movies, 

          one of my favorite actors has always been Tommy Lee Jones. I remember back in the 70's he stared on One Life to Live and I always thought he was too good of an actor to be on one of those day time soap operas. My father started watching that show on his day s off (smiles)
  In 1983 he did a movie called Nate and Hayes. My husband and I had gotten the vhs or beta tape and just about wore it out. This was an action movie that was just allot of fun to watch.  Before those Indiana Jones movies came out.  
   I think I will surprise my husband and see if I can find a dvd of it.

Here is a clip from the beginning

\\
and here is a clip towards the end of  the movie



I was amazed how many movies Tommy Lee Jones has done-here is a list of his career, and you can click on any of them for more information

6 comments:

  1. A squirrel chewed the gas line that leads to our grill out on the deck.. Seriously why would they want propane??? Silly creatures.. I think they just like to chew..

    Hubby and i like Tommy Lee Jones too.. But i have never heard of the movie you mentioned.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Tommy Lee Jones. Love his voice. Have never heard of this movie, but it looks like fun. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of it but googled it and think we'd really enjoy this one. Thanks for the recommendation. It'll go on my list of DVDs to pick up for the hubby. He loves swashbucklers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of the movie or the actor, but glad you like it! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Valerie, he has been in allot of hit movies too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I like him too. The Fugitive and US Marshalls are favorites with him in a lead role. I first remember him in Eyes of Laura Mars.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit