Saturday, June 9, 2018

Saturday at The Movies

Good morning Saturday,
  I thought I would join in with CJ and share movies. I am not a huge movie watcher but I think I can find several to share and this sounds like a fun share. We are to choose 10 of our favorite movies that we watch over and over.

  I do remember as a child going to the drive in with my family-Mom popped popcorn and brought along lots of other snacks. and I remember since we never had a/c growing up when it was really really hot in the summer they would take us to the indoor movies.

If you have been following me for long you know I am in love with the 1700-1880's era So the movie I wanted to share first is Last of the Mohicans. It came out close to the time Kostner's Dance with Wolves came out but did not get near the attention and I think this one with Daniel Day Lewis (one of my most favorite actors) was a much better movie story wise. The muzzleload rifle he carried was specially made for him for this movie. At the time my husband was on some chat sites for this time period and this was all the talk at the time.

We wore out a vhs tape of this movie and ended up getting the dvd when it came out.





A little more information here and here

17 comments:

  1. Good choice. I enjoyed the book, too, about the time this movie came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks I am going to the read book soon one I haven't read yet

      Delete
  2. It was filmed near here in North Carolina, much at Chimney Rock park and surrounding areas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE both those movies. Infact watched a little of Dances with Wolves just the other day.. I love the music in Last of the Mohicans... Ive been to Chimney Rock, NC Its beautiful! I'am a big movie watcher.. I'm not sure i could narrow it down to name a few..lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know the movie, but remember reading a book of that name. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not seen one of those movies, but I have watched Dances with Wolves a few times.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dances with wolves I think was promoted more than this movie both good

      Delete
  6. Nice movie choices. It's hard to pick favorites I think. :) ANd thanks for the paper making video in your next post too. It was nice to sit down and read these this evening. Have a great rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't see the movie. Do you know when/the year it was released? I think it would be a good one to find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great movie choice, it has everything - action, adventure, drama and romance 😁. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen either of these movies, but I remember enjoying the Last of the Mohicans book. I'm enjoying the Saturday movie posts :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit