Monday, December 24, 2018

T Stands for Tuesday & Merry Christmas & Cards

  Tuesday stands for T and Merry Christmas this week

This is where we share a drink related post with our T friends, you are most welcome to join us. Find link to our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth in my right hand column.

 First of all Merry Merry Christmas to all of you. 

Hubs and I don't have much family, especially down here in Missouri. Before retirement I just worked all of the holidays for the extra money (double time and a half was great at the time) but now that I am retired I have more time to  bake and cook up more of our favorite foods. 
    In the past we would invite friends over that did not have family like us, down here in Missouri not so much. 
    These past few years though we have gotten invited to holiday dinners by our friends with the big log home-so we are always very grateful, Thinking of baking up a fresh cranberry-blueberry pie with a nut crust to take over.

  Years ago I started one of our own traditions by making homemade tamales for Christmas Eve. I just finished up the first batch and invited one of our bachelor friends over. We eat around 2 pm now for our main meal.
   I also fried up a big skillet full of my own canned beans spiced up with salsa and peppers in adobo sauce-so good-these still need to get mashed up a bit.

  I have plenty so you are most welcome Big tossed salad for the side




I wanted to share two more lovely handmade Christmas cards I received in the mail this past week. 
    Thank you so much to the both of you-they are beautiful

The first one if from Erika-love those snowflakes



and this lovely card is from Eileen



One of my favorite homemade snacks is Chocolate Popcorn.-I don't remember if I had shared the recipe here or not-if any one wants it just mention in comments and I will post it.
   I had tried several recipes and most come out soggy-not this one-crunchy and wonderful just like the store bought gourmet ones




I gave out over half of this for gifts-I had made two batches of it-and froze the rest for later. Surprising that this freezes really well.

  I was so happy with my gluten free cut out cookies this year. Especially the gingerbread turned out so good. I cut out mostly Yellowstone animals and gingerbread boys and girls.



We got a nice surprise-a flock of wild turkeys eating and walking along the woods tree line-we hadn't seem them in awhile



For my beverage share I am sharing my eggnog again-This bottle is just about finished now




Happy T and Merry Christmas everyone!!

20 comments:

  1. Oh I have no idea what tamales are but they look like sweetcorn to me. The bean dish looks really yummy. I'd come round if it wasn't so late already. (It's 1:29 am here)
    Your gingerbread and also the choco popcorn looks yummy too. Gosh, I'm getting midnight cravings!
    Interesting to see wild turkeys. I didn't know there still were wild turkeys. So I was very pleased t see them.
    Wishing you a very happy and peaceful Christmas,
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamales are a fun Mexican food. I soak dried corn husks til soft. make up a corn flour batter, put some on the husk-add a filling, roll it up, tie the ends, and steam for an hour-
      here in the states we do still have lots of wild turkeys in the wooded area.
      Merry Christmas-hugs

      Delete
  2. I’ve never had tamales. They look complicated. Your chocolate popcorn looks soooo good as do you gingerbread cookies. Christmas Day I’m going to try to make Keto eggnog. Enjoy your holiday. Merry 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, merry Christmas. I hope it is one to remember.

    I may have mentioned this before, but one year four friends and I got together and made 200 tamales. Half we added raisins to, which I had never heard of, but I guess it's traditional in some Mexican communities. At least I didn't have to wrap and tie off the tamales. No pinch grip, so it would have been a futile act for me.

    Wow, those cookies look great. I am certainly hungry now, since I still haven't eaten today.

    I also love egg nog, but mine is always non-alcoholic. Yours looks festive (grin).

    Thanks for sharing your treats, your Christmas cards, and your egg nog with us for T this almost Tuesday. And again, please have a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having tamales as a kid was always a treat. Your cookies look great. Nice to see the wild turkeys come for a visit. Wishing you a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have been busy baking up wonderful things again. It all looks so good. Those animal gingerbread cookies are a great idea. Have a very merry Christmas, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, all your cooking and baking is making me so hungry ...lol 😉. It all looks so delicious! I'd like to try a bit of everything please 😁. Have a wonderful time at your friends and wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy christmas, dear kathy! may it be peaceful♥
    ★  *  ★  ☆  ★ *  ☆  ★    *
     *  *   ☆      ☆        *
     ★  ☆  *  ★  *  ★  *  ☆
       ★     *     ☆  *   *  ★
    xox, johanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy goodies!! We had our small herd of deer in the meadow this morning. They are so graceful and beautiful. I love tamales, be right over!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The homemade tamales and beans sound and look delicious :) yummm! And those other treats, too. I love seeing wild turkeys when we vacation in the woods. We never see them here in the city, of course, so I'm enjoying your photos :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Merry Christmas!! I JUST went and bought hubby some Evan Williams to put IN his eggnog! LOL! CHeers to a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tamales look divine, we love tamales around here too.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your baking looks delicious. i think we all have special food treats at this time of the year.
    The photos were lovely.
    I hope you have a Happy Christmas Day Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that you are enjoying your Christmas Day - eating with friends sounds like a good thing to do! Thrilled to see those wild turkeys! Happy T day! Chris
    ps you are my last before going to bed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're an amazing cook, baker, fiber artist and I've very pleased to know you, Kathy. The food looks delicious.

    We had pork and chicken tamales at the Christmas party we threw for local orphans on Christmas Eve. However, we didn't make our own. We let the Mexican experts do that (grin).

    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas season. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit