Monday, December 3, 2018

T Stands for Tuesday and A Toast

Wow we are into the first week of December already-can you believe it??  

  T Stands for Tuesday is where we gather together and share a drink related post with friends. Only requirement to join us is a photo of your beverage.

  We are now owners of our Lake House-whooo hoo!!  

   The seller wanted til the 6th of December to give her time to move-but she ended up giving us possession late Saturday. Her two kids both living in different states now,  drove back to their childhood home and got her all moved-and she is moving to a different state as well to be close to one of her kids. This must be hard as she lived her for 40 years.
   So Sunday morning we drove up to our new house. It takes about an hour or a bit more to get there. I brought along a bottle of bubbly to celebrate.
   We had picked up this bottle of sparkling wine two years ago in the Spring time, when our friends from Wisconsin came down. They wanted to tour a winery. 
     This is sitting on the edge of the kitchen counter near the front door. She had a full glass heavy duty outer door which is nice for bringing in the sunlight. I think I will like that.
    This wine was really nice.
  

  To the left you can see a pretty blue garden pot-There are two and these are heavy ceramic, I love them

  We mostly came by to measure some things, I needed to really look at the rooms better-mostly to decide on which of two for my craft room.  There is one bedroom that is gorgeous-full of windows on two sides facing the lake-I am letting Hubs have that one for his extra room. I know he will enjoy the lake views-he said it was my choice to choose.
    My craft room always has so much stuff to place-that I could use that one wall with no windows. This room also has more electric outlets in it too. 
   This house is lacking in electric-Hubs will be upgrading that but too much now to open walls to add more outlets.
    Her daughter is an artist-actually the seller showed me photos of her work-she is a fiber artist on a commercial scale-I was very impressed. Anyways she had painted these on one wall-and I love them


and for some reason I had not looked into the closet in this room before-and that sold me for my craft room
   This first photo is to the right inside the closet-and goes up to a crawl space for the attic--these are very deep boxed steps. Wow Perfect for all those bags of fiber to spin-I was smiling when I discovered this Can you imagine how much stuff I can fit in this space?? lol


and to the left inside the closet was this one lone rod-I don't need that-but it will be an easy fix to turn this wall into shelves-for fabrics and books-loving it and I can close the door. Things will stay clean and away from sun light.


and the rest of the house keys-at closing the seller gave Hubs one key so we could get into the house easily and I have never ever had a garage and with an opener-something new to learn


This is looking through one of the windows in our bedroom-looking over the lake and our boat dock-exciting!! This room is on the opposite side of the house-from the other two rooms.


We still need to figure out the water in the basement issue-it is not standing water, just a constant dampness-Hubs has several ideas about it. 
    I really need this space to convert into lots of shelving, a place for my chest freezers, and set up an area for my soap making, dyeing, and messy crafts. This is first on the list of things to do.
   I also looked around the house to decide where to set up my outdoor cooking area-having no land to speak of will be an adjustment for sure. 

    After leaving the lake house we drove the opposite direction to go back home, to see how far the little main area of this new town is-interesting I can see allot of summer partying, antique shops too, and found a tiny post office. Up the road about 12 miles is a town called Versailles which has the drivers license place, the county court house, and a small Wal mart store. We saw lots of little consignment and antique shops too. This is an Amish community as well so I am looking forward to visiting their bulk store and butcher shop, and market for fresh veggies.
   I think we will enjoy this new area to live in. 

You may have noticed that I changed up one of the weather widgets in my right hand column.  Sunrise Beach is a city nearby to the lake house.

My Outlander books arrived-I have finished Book 1 and am on Book 2 now. I really love this author



This past week has given us more cold weather so I dug out my French Press to brew my chicory decaf beverage.This gives me 2 large mugs full. I forgot how much I enjoy using this-and it takes out the slight bitterness as well





I sent out all of my Christmas cards the Friday after Thanksgiving, so I am thinking they made it to their destinations now.  I am curious how the wax stamp held up in the mail-thanks

Happy T Everyone!!

22 comments:

  1. How exciting to be able to move into your new home earlier than expected. So fun to plan how to decorate and how to set up your craft room. I hope you take us along the adventure. I love the Kokopelli drawings on the wall. Soon you'll be able to read the Outlander series in your cozy, new home while sipping your favorite chicory or bubbly! I loved the beautiful card you sent, but sadly, the sealing wax didn't survive the trip. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for letting me know-I even had them hand cancel the cards for me so that is a bummer
      this will be a slow move over-the big move early spring-thanks

      Delete
  2. How exciting! A new adventure! I love your views. That'd be delightful scene to look out over. I never remember the French press, but it does make good coffee, doesn't it :) Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the french press or pour over coffee is the best (I can not drink it anymore)

      Delete
  3. Oh what an exciting time for you-congrats!!! How fun it will be settling into your new home. Sparkling bubbly is such a good way to celebrate! And good for you to have your cards done and mailed. I must now hunker down (I always think I'm ahead when I begin and then all of a sudden I'm behind again). French press coffee is so good. Enjoy and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the earliest I have ever gotten my cards mailed out lol

      Delete
  4. Your new lake house sounds wonderful. It will be such fun to follow along as you make the big move, and settle in as a house becomes a home. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much-we will take the move slow this time-hopefully put things in place as we bring them over-

      Delete
  5. Oh Wow! How fun that you are finally moved in. Your craft room sounds like it has the perfect storage solution because let's face it, we crafter's need a TON of storage. And I love those little paintings on the wall. So unique!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not moved in yet-lol wish we were-with winter upon us will be a slow move, and we have lots and lots to downsize as well-happy T

      Delete
  6. I love your new craft room. Those kokopelli images are amazing. I know you will love it there once you get moved.

    Your sparkling wine looks bubbly and interesting. A great way to celebrate, too.

    I had a French Press and gave it to my friend Scott. I don't like cleaning them, because they are a pain to clean. I agree they make great coffee. If only I had a maid (grin). Thank for sharing your wine and your French Press chicory beverage with us for T this Tuesday.

    I wanted to also tell you your sealing wax was mostly all gone. Just the red waxy layer was left.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You are really gonna love your new house. That closet is perfect for your craft supplies. Moving is a great way to really get organized and only keep what you need. Sounds like a great area that you will be in. I would love to visit a little post office. We have post offices all over this country and none of them do any actual work and certainly aren't reliable or professional. All the best as you make the move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting your new house, that must be very exciting! Love the room you have chosen for your craft room, what wonderful closets! Have fun with moving now! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of excitement in this post and I do hope all goes well for you with the move.

    Nice to know you had time to fit in a drink of wine along the way

    Have a very happy T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. my head is spinning as if it were MY new house with ideas of filling it (craft-wise, of course;))... you will have so much fun just in making it useful and then using it for your art. congrats for a new adventure!!
    have a peaceful advent and happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being new homeowners! That is exciting. It will be a lot of work to move but it good to have time to look around and decide what you want to put where. It is always good to be able to plan a bit. Cheers! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on getting the keys to your new home. The photos looked great and your new craft room looks awesome for you to store your yarns and other items. I imagine you will be enjoying planning everything out and having no rush to actually move in will be a big bonus.
    It also sounds like it will be a lovely area to live in with a small town close by.
    Happy T day wishes Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Kathy and Hubs!! The house sounds just perfect for you both. It looks in great condition. I like your thoughts on the craft room - lots of outlets and a full wall for supplies. What a cool closet. You'll need to leave space for you to climb up and get things from the high steps.

    Her daughter is a fiber artist? How about that! I don't recall the name of those native dancers (starts with "K" I think). I would leave them too - they're such a cheerful symbol.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such good news - you must have been so excited to find the huge closet! Everything is looking so good and hubby seems to have his jobs planned! The nearby area you visited seems to have most of what you will need! Happy,happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! How exciting! The rooms look great. I like the art on the wall too. Those cupboards, what a find! Yes, I can see you stowing all your wool and fibre up there.
    The view over the lake is awesome. You've been exploring the area too. It's going to be a whole new life. The farmers market/store sounds really good.
    We are usually away on Tuesday and I would use my ipad, but so many comments have not come through that I have given up on that and I just do the comments a day late. Better late than never!
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pleased to hear you got your lake house! How exciting Kathy! I love the wall art.
    Enjoy your reading! I finished all of the Outlander books, I wish there were more!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! How fun this new adventure must be for you!! CHEERS!!! I bet you find the change in your creative space rejuvvinating....perhpas you'll be able to have your loom set up by one of those picturesque windows???

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit