Friday, December 14, 2018

Muffins and a Movie

  Hi everyone,
        I had found a recipe last week for blueberry muffins that looked really good. I wanted to try it out. I think it's also paleo friendly (minus the honey)
Recipe here

photo from the link

Gluten free blueberry muffins recipe - Dr. Axe

       I messed up and put in 3 cups of flour instead of the 2 cups-ugh-so I needed to just make a double batch.  I had just one cup of fresh blueberries left so I added for the other cup fresh cranberries.  The recipe calls for honey so I changed that to Splenda Naturals which has stevia in it.  
    They were just a tad dry but tasted really good with all that fruit. and I liked this sweetener-new for me, no after taste at all. Taking out the honey which is a liquid caused these to be a bit dry.
    The second batch I added a little milk to the batter.


Photo of my muffins



     I will have to admit that I am getting tired of too many Christmas movies every night now. There are still brand new movies on Hallmarks channels both Saturday and Sunday evenings and the closer we get to Christmas the movies are getting better.

    Looking for something to watch on the tv I found one of my favorite movies. It's a love story and I cry every time I see this movie-but the acting and the story is so special

The Bridges of Madison County with Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep



Happy weekend everyone

10 comments:

  1. I bet blueberries and cranberries together taste so good. One a little sweet the other so tart. I remember that movie from ages ago. I don't think I've seen it for decades. Maybe it's time to rewatch it. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Keto, we can't have honey. So if a recipe calls for honey, I use agave syrup. Your blueberry muffins look delicious. Perfect with a cup of tea and a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those muffins look wonderful. I think adding cranberries to the blueberries was a good choice.

    I was sick of holiday movies when they came out in October. I can't get into sappy movies. I KNOW it's just me, but they are simply not my cup of tea (or coffee). I had heard about that movie, but never saw it. It sounded like a chick flick to me!

    Give me a good old mystery and I will be very happy. In my opinion, the very BEST Christmas movie is Die Hard with Bruce Willis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with blueberries and cranberries. If I'm making muffins or cake with them, I often add lemon juice or orange juice. That adds moistness, too. I know I saw that movie ages ago. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you Kathy! Love that movie! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your muffins sound delightful. I made chocolate peanut cups and cookies filled with dates and marzipan but I haven't taken photos yet. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cranberries and blueberries sounds a super combination to me and your muffins look delicious.
    If I get a dry cake when its cooked I often prick a few holes and add some fresh juice as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I like blueberries and cranberries and don't mind if muffins are a bit dry, so I'd have been in heaven! :)

    I've heard of The Bridges of Madison County, of course, but have never seen it. Someday....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the look of your muffins! I have only watched one Christmas movie so far but getting ready for some next week! I am hoping Serendipity will be on sometime! I agree about your film choice being a good watch too! Hugs,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so clever at sorting out cooking/baking problems, Kathy. I've doubled or halved ingredients without realizing it and had to feed the results to the birds. Eileen xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit