Monday, December 17, 2018

T Stands for Tuesday & Christmas Cookies and Cards

  Another December Tuesday is upon us.
      So it's time to join friends for T-you are most welcome to join us-- just share a drink related post. 
   Find link in my right hand column, our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth.

  Wow we are so warm right now during the day-sometimes mid 50's and some days even with sun. Am Loving the weather for sure. Looks like most of the week will be in the 50's or 40's so am not complaining at all. 
   If we were younger and didn't need to rely on help for heavy duty construction work right now we would be at the lake house every day for sure-getting that concrete sidewalk out-working on being patient, have a little help coming on Thursday.

  Sunday I mixed up batches of cookies for cut outs-I love those at Christmas time. Growing up as a child at home the cut outs were my most favorite cookie.  After leaving home,over the years I have collected a small trunk full of cookie cutters, and those jello molds. I also have cookie pottery molds, cookie stamps, a wooden carved piece, and two of those rolling pins from Europe with the designs on them. So when the holidays come around I have lots to choose from lol
  I don't have many people any more that I gift with a tin of sweets, but I do love to bake a bit and make a little candy.

  I mixed up batches of gingerbread dough-wheat and gluten free, white sugar cookie-wheat and gluten free, and a new peanut butter roll out cookie recipe gluten free. I also changed up all the sugars-to be coconut sugar with Stevia, or coconut sugar  and molasses or Splenda. I also changed up the flours for gluten free-using half almond flour and half gluten free flour blend. Baked with half butter and half coconut oil.

  I baked up two batches today.  
      I am terrible at decorating and frosting cookies-are you good at that? I never can frost them to look as beautiful as I have seen them done. My Hubs does not seem to mind as long as they taste good lol

    I did not get many photos as my hands were always full of dough-this is the last batch out of the oven for today-and my set up. This is a vintage bread board that I just love-was a wedding gift from my  brother some 36 years ago now.




My Mom had taught me when rolling out the dough to use powdered sugar instead of flour-keeps the cookies from getting tough as you are working the dough til it's used up. It sometimes makes the cookies puff up a bit-but that will get covered with frosting.

I wanted to share Christmas cards that have arrived and were hand made. I love them all and thank you so much.

This first one is from my friend Carole in North Carolina (USA)
   and hers was set up to recycle-just detach the sticky note and replace with another greeting on a sticky note-thought that was clever.


I could not get a good photo


This next one is from our Wisconsin friend that gifts us with their own homemade honey, maple syrup, veggies-His wife makes gorgeous cards


I think you will know who this lovely card is from when you see the script-


sorry another photo that kept reflecting back on me


CJ also sent me these awesome deer-so I would have deer at the lake house--this is amazing CJ and thanks again I will find a spot for them in my craft room


and this beautiful card is from Bleubeard and Elizabeth-love the sheet music and the Santa stamp especially and the deer-well actually everything hugs thank you


When I realized that all of my wax seals did not make it through the mail-sigh-I did some research on that-and will share in another post. I love to use those seals. but want them to make it through in tack.

  We just started getting our deer visitors again. The other night a group of 8. I took this one just as it was getting dark, and through the window glass I don't get good photos during this time of day-this was the best one. 
    You can see in the back we have been so warm that the grass is green again.


For my beverage share-I found a Christmas wine from Germany at our Aldi store, that I bought last year-so decided to open it last weekend. It is good warmed up or also at room temperature too.



Happy T everyone!!

19 comments:

  1. I'm good at coloring and decorating Christmas cookies, Kathy, but not frosting them. In fact, I've never tried. Too sweet for my taste. Your tip about rolling out the dough using powdered sugar instead of flour made my day. I've just started my Christmas cookie baking. I'm doing one kind a day to make it easier on myself.

    The cards you've received are beautiful. Did you get mine yet?

    Happy T-day and Merry Christmas! Eileen xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried rolling cookie dough with sugar, but then I'm not into icing and sugar so much anyway:) I used to bake lots of cookies but like you don't have so many people to give away to any longer. So , it's a few small batches for me. Love the clever card for recycling, and your other cards are lovely as well. Nothing like homemade. Glad you're seeing the deer:) Never had spiced wine but it does sound good for a cold day! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies made me think of pie crust...the way they puffed a bit. My mom always would bake the scraps of pie crust with cinnamon sugar for me as a treat. YUM!
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some very lovely Christmas cards! Your cookies look delicious and I completely agree with you about the frosting. I don't like doing it and they never turn out as pretty as Pinterest. But they sure taste delicious. Your bread board is lovely!!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some beautiful cards and gifts. CJ's gift was incredible. Yours was the ONLY one I sent to a blogger. I only made six and the other five were mailed to friends from years ago who only send cards.

    I don't make many sugar cookies. I couldn't frost or ice if I tried because I have no pinch grip, which you need to frost and pipe cookies. I'm better with cookies like snicker doodles, jam thumbprints, peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal, snowballs, ginger spice, etc. that don't require icing. I loved your tip about the powdered sugar, though. It makes sense and sounds like it doesn't make the dough get hard.

    Sounds like a lovely wine. Thanks for sharing it, your lovely cards, and your cookies with us for T this Tuesday.



    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy T day Kathy and thank you so much for stopping by for my T party post. Aaahhh i should bake some cookies too... Hubs has to work Christmas Eve that may be a good time to bake.. Making deviled eggs tomorrow for my party at work.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cookies look great, I prefer them without glazing. The cards you got are lovely. The Glühwein is always served hot here - cheers! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to make my roll out cookies. Like you making them is a great holiday memory for me. Yours look yummy! We are bitter cold today with an arctic wind, so enjoy your warmth. And have a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those festive cookies look so yummy and I love all the different cookie cutters that you used- amazing! Such beautiful Christmas cards too and the deer banner from CJ made me smile - perfect 😁. Your spiced wine looks delicious for this holiday season! Wishing you a happy T Day and a very Merry Christmas too! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A friend is having her cookie festival on Sunday so no reason for me to do a lot of baking. I don't eat what she makes as they aren't vegan but my husband will love them. I did make some vegan sugar cookies today but the recipe makes a small amount and all my Christmas cookie cutters are really big so I just made tiny hearts but they cooked much faster than I expected so a little bit too dark on the bottom. Oh well! They are good with a cup of coffee or tea. Though I'd much prefer some hot spiced wine. :) Lovely Christmas greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Home made cookies and hand made cards. That's my idea of perfect! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your festive biscuits look delicious, I wouldn't ice mine either as they become to sweet for me to enjoy. Your Christmas cookie cutter collection lovely, you are lucky to have so many to choose to use.
    Its a lovely photo of the deer as well.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Home made cookies and handmade cards - the best things to wish for!
    Gorgeous!
    Happy T-Day dear Kathy!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hand-made Christmas cards are such a joy. I've never even tried to do that. Your cookies look delicious! We have a new Aldi opening up near me soon, and I'm told I'll enjoy trying them out :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the rolled sugar cookies, though my decorations are never as amazing as things I've seen on the Interwebs. That's a great tip to use powdered sugar to roll out the dough. You got some lovely, happy mail. I'm glad you like the deer. I enjoyed making them with the cutting machine. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous post! I haven't made any Christmas cookies or biscuits this year but my boys will be hoping for chocolate ones next week! You received some great cards - love the one that can be recycled! Glad the deer are still around! Happy T day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely post. Lots of different things. Where to start.
    The recycle card is so clever. Good idea.
    I’ve never rolled cookie dough in sugar. Another idea to try out.
    Love the Gluhwein. Perfect for a cold evening.
    The deer photo is fab.
    Belated happy T day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Uhm, the Christmas cookies look good. Your cards from your friends are delightful.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am sure your cookies are as delicious as they are beautiful. Thumbs up on the tip to us confectioners sugar instead of flour. What fun you must be having going to the mailbox. I absolutely must have some deer for my Shanty.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit