Friday, October 26, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

   I am joining in with CJ to share a favorite movie that we enjoy watching more than once.
  You are welcome to post a favorite movie of yours as well.

This week I am sharing a newer movie that I just watched on one of the movie channels on the tv.  
     My husband said it was really good and that I would like it since in the end it is a love story.
   I started to watch this movie-ugh it was a Sci Fi type movie-which I don't watch very often. This movie had interesting people in it with different personalities and characters that one would not usually find. I didn't like the "bad guys" at all and almost changed the channel but decided to broaden my movie watching-lol

   I ended up loving this movie and will definately watch again. It's a movie about reaching out with kindness against the odds.

The Shape of Water


Image result for the shape of water movie photos


Information about the movie here

The trailer



Update: Deb mentioned in comments that she thought this film won some awards-I just looked it up and Wow it took lots of awards including best picture.

14 comments:

  1. Oh goodness kathy... i HATEd this movie...lol... and i love Sci fi...lol I just found it totally ridiculous.. When the fish man started dancing a waltz they totally lost me.. :) But i'm glad you took a chance on a movie and ended up loving it.. I think it won an academy award or an oscar?? anyway... See ya next week at the movies! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I think the waltz was because she communicated with music and they just both felt something more

      Delete
  2. Didn't sound like something I would be interested in so my husband went to the movies with a friend to see it. He said it was weird, but good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of this one. I suspect you chose a good one this week. Now I'm off to watch the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the film. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite movies. Such a beautiful love story. Absolutely the best picture. I am really hlgl you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you. That is a fabulous story. The hubby didn't think it was sci fi enough, but I think it has lots of level and is more than it seems. Happy saturday. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this movie! Love it! It's gorgeous, isn't it. The Creature from the Black Lagoon was always one of my favorites, and I can see the influence that movie had on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A test comment, Kathy. Gene suggested Chrome browser for my iPad, will see if this comment works!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit