Sunday, October 28, 2018

A Gorgeous October Sunday

  I could use a whole month of days like today-I could really get allot accomplished for sure.
   Saturday I pulled spent plants and hauled them to the compost pile-I still have another day at least of work of that.
   Today-Sunday though-another gorgeous October day.  We are to have another perfect day tomorrow too before lots of rain moves in.
   Sooooo I grabbed my cans of Thompson Water Seal and starting sealing the wood on the stairs and decks. I was hoping to get it all finished in one day but my body said to stop, will finish up tomorrow morning.

   You have seen photos of this building before when I was painting the upstairs.

This first photo you can see that I stained the upper level, by end of the day I finished the next section down to the landing.



You can even see my blueberry Bai water there on the upper landing



Views from the decks




Below is the last of wood pile we were working on for our wood stoves.-Hubs can no longer do that



This below photo is from the lower landing-I will start here tomorrow and finish up


Hoping your October weekend was perfect weather too

13 comments:

  1. Your weather is so much better than ours. All rain and clouds. It looks like good weather to weather seal. I should have done our decks this summer but it is just too hot in the summer. Now with work and rainy weekends it doesn't happen. Enjoy your beautiful weather. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today WAS perfect, wasn't it. I even got out and crossed off one of my wishes on my bucket list: to visit a pumpkin farm and take a hayride to the field to pick them. I got 10 tiny gourds. I loved the fresh air, the beautiful trees that rival those that I usually only see on the East coast and the heat from the sun on my face and arms. I feel bad that you chose to work on this day, which I actually got to go out and play instead of sitting in my sick bed. So glad you shared the beautiful day you had, too. Yes, it was perfect in both our worlds today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A whole month of days like today would be oh-so-wonderful, but... Well, it looks as though you made good use of the days you did have. That's a big job you have undertaken...lots of steps and railing, for sure. I cleaned the garden and got most of it under cover of cardboard as you suggested! :~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, so glad you tried out the cardboard it really helps and will break down as mulch in the end too--I do add straw on top for the areas that get really bad weeds

      Delete
  4. Oh my your were so busy. Your house is so charming like a cottage in a fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning CJ, we love our woods this is not our main home-we built this originally for my gardenshed with sleep overs upstairs, but the dounstairs is now Hubs business space

      Delete
  5. Not perfect in the NE, dodging showers all weekend. Nice and cool though, love that. Your photos look like a little a little slice of Heaven, starting with your adorable house. Then the peels of some of your property are awesome. Hard to believe you are leaving, but I don’t see a lake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect waether for this job - well done Kathy!
    What a charming house! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks a perfect autumn day Kathy. The photos all look lovey and what a charming building you have been working on. I hope you had a rest after your hard work.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're having clear skies and highs in the 70s. It does seem perfect October weather.

    Your woodland views are so beautiful. I know I'd spend all my time looking out over it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like your trees are nearing peak color, what a nice deck!! Lots of work, and I hope your good weather continues for you to finish it.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit