Friday, October 19, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

  Welcome to our Saturday movie share. 
       This is where we share a favorite movie that we love to watch more than once.  
    Inspired by CJ to post.

I know I know it's only October-however next weekend Hallmark channels start up with their Christmas movies. (smiles)

      I will admit allot of the movies are a bit awful but there are many that I really enjoy too. Sooooo I am going to start even earlier with a Christmas movie 😃  to share this week.
     My Christmas at home now is just enjoying movies during the season-I pretty much stay away from most stores from after Thanksgiving til Christmas weekend

I love this movie so much that I should buy it so I can watch without commercials. I have seen this many times and it does show up on different channels on tv often. 

The Holiday

Image result for movie the holiday


I really love all the actors-great chemistry, loved the two stories, and the ending.

Information and plot of the movie here

Trailer here  and I didn't see a free one online.


9 comments:

  1. Great movie kathy.... I have watched it several times myself... Jack Black at his best.... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy watching, this is not my cup of tea ( or coffee!), I need murder and mayhem! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much stay away from the malls from Columbus Day to Christmas. I hate the crowds.

    As to the movie, good cast though I'm not a fan of Jack Black. He always seems to be over the top. It looks like a sweet film from the trailer. I wonder if we get the Hallmark channel? Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CJ yep where we live no malls-lol but if we had them I wouldn't go there especially around the holidays for sure.
    I love Hallmark channels-I have two of them, a regular one and their mysteries channel-family entertainment and mostly love stories
    I agree with Black can be kinda crazy but he is really good in this film

    ReplyDelete
  5. i haven't seen this film, but my daughter has it on DVD so I should borrow it. I like some of those classic holiday films- White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, but the daughter and I always do an afternoon/evening of Hallmark films. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this film too, this is one of my favourite films to watch over the holiday season 😀. Wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun movie! I like the Jack Black plot better than the I-can't-cry/I-cry-too-much one ;) but I enjoy this movie for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this movie, The Holiday, so much I bought the DVD!!! Be sure to record The Most Wonderful Time of the Year this week, terrific with Henry Winkler, and they usually only show it once.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit