Saturday, October 6, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

  Good morning Saturday, 
       And another gorgeous day here in the Ozarks-although a bit warm for fall weather.

  I am joining in with CJ to share a favorite movie-a movie that I love to view more than once.

  With all the political drama that has been happening here in the States over the last several weeks especially I wanted to share a light hearted family film this week. 
     A movie that probably most of you have seen or at least have heard about.
    This is an older one and a film I grew up with-watched many times over the years.
   I am a favorite of the old musicals and have also seen several of them on stage in Chicago with my Mom as a young girl. This is one of my most favorites.
   
              The Sound of Music

Image result for sound of music


I love the actors in this one, love the story, and love the music. Bringing it to film brought along lovely photography too.

Here is a link with loads of information about the film if you are not familiar with this one or also if you are.

The trailer





I didn't spot the movie free online but it could be.

Happy Saturday everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of musicals, but this is one that I enjoy. Now I'll be humming the songs all day. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's a classic. I remember standing in line with my family to see it when it was released. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy I have lost count how many times I have watched this film over the years. It is a great film.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! One of my favs!!! ... whiskers on kittens....lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can anyone not like this film? I remember going with my grandmother to see it at the theater. I've seen it many times since then and now I have So Long, Farewell in my mind. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never actually seen this film, but I saw a show recently on Julie Andrews where she was talking about the scene on the top of the mountain. She said it was shot from a helicopter that kept blowing her around. She said they did take after take after take to get it right. You can see in the picture that you showed how her apron is being lifted.

    In later life she had an operation that left her unable to sing again. She sued the hospital that falsely told her she had nodules on her vocal chords. I would LOVE to see this movie, so if I ever get a chance to, I will. Thanks so much for this recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit