Saturday, August 25, 2018

No Movie Today However---I Do Have Cast Iron Carrot Cake to Share & My Weaving Muse at Work

  I was thinking about a movie to share last night, and nothing came to mind. At least a movie that I love to watch over and over again. 
  Hubs and I never went to many movies together. He is not comfortable sitting in that situation with his arthritis and after the effects from serving his country in war he was not comfortable sitting in movie theaters.  As a child growing up my parents took us to the movies when it was really hot during the summer months since we didn't have air conditioning at home. I really do not remember any of those movies.
 I do remember though my Mom taking me and my cousin Nancy to Broadway theater in Chicago-now that I remember really enjoying.
   Nowadays I mostly watch the movies on the two Hallmark channels-and since I know most of my readers do not care for those type of movies decided not to share any of those. 
    So for now will not be sharing more movies unless something special comes to mind. 
     I did really enjoy this event though-thank you CJ

This morning I made the cast iron skillet carrot cake recipe that I shared in my last post.
   I did swap the oil for coconut oil, the sugar I swapped with mostly Splenda and a little coconut sugar, and the flour that was only one cup I used almond flour and my gluten free flour blend. It smells really nice. Needs to cool-and then I will decide if I want to make a cream cheese frosting or not possibly using the Splenda for no more sugar added. The sugars in this cake is the carrots and pineapple, and a bit in the coconut sugar.




Update:
    I did make frosting with cream cheese, pineapple juice, and sweetened to taste with Splenda-pretty good tasting



     One of the major things in my craft room to down size was my vintage 45" rug loom.  It does take up allot of space-and as my craft room filled up with other things-it was just really really tight in there to set up and actually weave on. 
     I felt really bad about selling this loom as this was a retirement gift from my husband. With my age and arthritis creeping in, and pulling on that very heavy beater-it is probably a bit much for me now too--I cried a little and than put it up for sale. 
     I used Facebook marketplace, and also found a Facebook group selling only vintage rug looms. My weaving muse worked her magic as all afternoon my friend in Kentucky had been trying to reach me-I hadn't been on the computer again til evening. Her husband spotted my ad and turns out my friend has been on the hunt for a 4 harness rug loom (makes more patterns) since she gifted her 2 harness rug loom. She called me that evening, mentioned my loom but I didn't realize she wanted to buy it-we talked for awhile and she said you do understand I want to buy your loom right??  Oh wow!!   
    So I feel so much better about this that a friend is getting my loom. She will be driving up in October sometime.

Happy weekend everyone!!

12 comments:

  1. Remember the movies are the ones *you* like. the rules were "no explanation as to why you like your choice." Just saying. The carrot cake looks so delicious. I've been browsing keto baking recipes. Will be buying some supplies on the next shopping trip. Sad that you have to give up your loom, but how wonderful that it is going to a good home, and bonus that's the home is a good friend of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I post my sff and horror movies even though few other people are fans. It's your blog and your movies. And we all need our horizons broadened by seeing what we don't usually see :) At least I do.

    Congrats on finding such a congenial end to your loom sale. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE HMM, but I'm not a fan of HM channel. At one time, just a few short months ago, HMM stated they showed mysteries all day, all the time, but now the mysteries often take a back seat to movies that are the same ones you get on the HM channel. And beginning in late Sept, they show their Christmas movies all day, all the time, both channels until after the first of the year. No wonder I get sick of hearing about Christmas long before it arrives.

    In Sept., I want to start sharing a few movies I enjoyed seeing, since I can't seem to have seen any that are being showcased by several of my friends (CJ, Birgit, you, Erika, Divers & Sundry).

    Unlike the rules CJ goes by, I want to know about the movie, and I like reading why it was important to that person. Birgit always has a great synopsis of her choices each week and they are often tongue in cheek. Her Thursday movie picks are here: http://createdbybb.blogspot.com/
    and she reviews three films each week that have been preassigned. You can find her on my left sidebar, too.

    Of course, it doesn't matter what you review, I read it and give an honest response. Some of the films you have showcased, I have enjoyed reading about, even if they are what I call "Chick Flicks." I know I need to expand my horizons, too.

    Your carrot cake looks great. My grandmother always made one for me each year on my birthday and it had cream cheese frosting. Gosh I was spoiled! So glad your loom will go to someone you know and who will take good care of it and love it like you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound sad in this post. Sorry about selling your loom. Maybe you'll get all you want money for it and that will maybe make you feel better. Your carrot cake looks yummy. I haven't had carrot cake in a long time and it would taste good. :) Hope you're having a great weekend other than the loom. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika, actually I was really sad-I thought this was our forever home, but I can see now it is time for a change and to seriously downsize. we both collect too many things. my rug loom takes up a large space-and when I sat there and pulled on the beater-so heavy for me now-I do feel so good that my friend is going to come up and buy it and will use it.-hugs

      Delete
  5. Carrot is one of my most favorite cakes. Having your healthier version would be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Hallmark Movies too, I think we have a similar taste in films - have you ever seen "The most wonderful time of the year", it is one of my favourites at Christmas time 😀. So pleased to hear that your loom is going to a good home, it's funny how things work out and your friend must be so excited too! I'd love a piece of that yummy carrot cake, pretty pleassssse! Happy Sunday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, Yes I love that movie too-and actually I do love watching Hallmark Christmas movies 24-7 every day for a few months if I want to ha ha
      I am really happy too that a friend will be getting my loom and will be using it.
      this carrot cake turned out so moist and delicious-Hugs

      Delete
  7. That's such a sweet story about your prized loom, Kathy. Amazing coincidence. And you get to visit with your friend when she comes to pick up the loom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cake looks delicious Kathy and so did the frosting you added to the top.
    Its good that your precious loom is going to a new home and the bonus that you know it is a friend who will look after it.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks the carrot cake was really delicious=I am happy too about my rug loom-hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit