Monday, February 5, 2018

Update on Muscovy Ducks

  The photos I just shared in the previous post were taken yesterday-our Sunday.  The Muscovy pair of ducks usually arrive around 7 am each morning.
   I kept watching for them, and then around 9 am I see just the hen Muscovy. I am feeling sad as she must have lost her mate. We do have eagles and hawks here and other wild critters so anything could have happened.
   I am feeling very sad for her this morning. These are not wild ducks but rather domestic ducks so don't know what will happen to her now.
   The pair usually slept up by the house-just outside the big bay window where my computer is. The hen is resting there at the stump.  I wish I could reach out and give her a hug.




Update: the male has arrived but he is away from the hen I feel so much better now still a mystery though that didn't come in together and later
    It is very cold here right now


and this is cute a squirrel eating corn from deep in the cracks of this old stump-was here when we bought our property in '98


7 comments:

  1. Hope the couple makes it through the cold night - will keep them in my heart and the squirrel is so cute!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the ducks mate for life? Maybe they had an argument over the directions back to your place. The Mr. wouldn't stop to ask for directions. :-D The squirrel is cute. Makes me think of a cookie jar my mother had of a squirrel sitting on top of a stump

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe they had a little tiff! Maybe the cold tonight will help them make up.. :) Glad the mate showed back up!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos of the wildlife near your home. I hope the ducks get together and stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your story had a happy ending and the ducks are together now 😁. I bet it was a relief when the male turned up! The squirrel looks so cute too! Hope you had a lovely weekend and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun thing to sit and watch. Such beautiful ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea that ducks lived together, but what a sad tale with a marginally happy ending. I hope they are able to stay together and keep each other warm tonight, which is supposed to be even colder than last night.

    LOVE that cute squirrel. You are SO lucky to have these animals visit you daily,-

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit