Sunday, February 11, 2018

T Stands for Tuesday And an Icy Weekend & My February Pages ( lots of photos)

Wow 
   Sunday morning we woke up to ice every where. It was so bad I could Not walk on the gravel. The ice will stay til late Monday. I went outdoors to feed the wildlife and could not believe how the ground was thick with ice-I needed to walk around a different way on leaves and frozen grasses.

This first photo has a reflection of our vintage dining room lights-kinda cool. As you will see a very grey day today

photos will enlarge just click on them






Miss Calico is talking to me about the ice haha she likes to follow me out when I feed the wildlife and birds but not today.



T For Tuesday is where we share a drink related post. You are most welcome to join us. Our hostess is Bleubeard and Elizabeth, the link is in my right hand column.

This weekend I decided to make stuffed poblano peppers. I picked up two at the store on Friday they were so nice and fresh. They turned out good-I could have spiced the filling up a little more than I did. I used ground sausage browned, fresh mushrooms, and pearl onions, my canned tomatoes, ricotta cheese.
  I served it with steamed fresh pea pods-I found at Aldi store




Above photo I added the ricotta on top with a bit more rice


Deer getting watermelon rind-they love fruit I took this from inside Saturday night when the ice started falling




   I have been working on my February pages and finished the page with the hearts. I am glad that I decided to stitch all over the piece. I added two little roses, also a heart pendant I found in my beads and buttons stash. ( a little more information about the hearts in my previous post)
   When I finished I decided to look into my bag of vintage laces and trims and found this pretty cotton piece. I decided to sew it on around the edges.
    Of course that threw my borders off a bit but I think it will be ok when I start stitching the pages together. 
     I had a small piece of trim left that was just the right size to add to the side of next page.




The top little piece was stamped Love  I needed to tuck it under the trim a bit



The lighting was not the best for these photos-sorry.
and for my first time I am also linking up with Try It On Tuesday-thank you Jo

  Today I started working on the left side of above. 
I love to watch the Olympics and will be glued to the set watching the different events not shown in prime time especially with these cold days, so I wanted to add that to my page.

    I am happy with the torch
 I found this torch as a coloring page for kids so managed to get an outline of it and then I embroidered the outside lines and then grabbed some pens and inks for fabrics and colored it in.
   Now to figure out the rest-I cut out this mountain wool applique, wanted to add a skier not sure yet. The mountain piece is not sewn down yet. This wool piece I had darkened with my homemade iron mordant-several years ago. I may just add some more puffy paint for snow again on top of the mountains.





Tonight, I opened up a bottle of Merlot-a dry red wine.


Happy T For Tuesday
   Thank you so much for visiting and commenting

23 comments:

  1. We had some sleet and freezing rain last Thurs and Fri. The walk and driveway was like a skating rink. Today temps warmed and it rained and rained. No more ice on the walk and driveway.The deer don't seem to mind the ice and cold, but I'm with Miss Calico. I've had enough.

    I like how your book is coming along. The edging is very pretty and goes well with both pages. I thought with the hearts, the edging looks like flowers, but with the Olympics and mountain page, I though snowflakes.

    Stay safe and warm. Have a Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate having to walk on ice, so glad you're being careful. The photos look great, though. It's similar weather here, I stayed home over the weekend. Your book is coming along really well, love what you are doing. Happy T Day, have a good week, and stay warm, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cold uuuuuuu!
    But with your wonderful food for you and for the wild animals all what is needed for a good life is here!
    Your February pages look fabulous so far!
    Great project! You are such an inspiration Kathy!
    Happy new week and T-Day ahead!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hearts turned out perfect. They look amazing. I love how this page turned out.

    Those poor deer. They are SO lucky to have you. What a difference a weekend makes. We got NOTHING, except a bit of ice in the morning, which was gone by the time I went outside to put water in my bird bath/feeder thingy (technical term for where they drink their water, not where they bathe).

    I love the torch. It turned out great. I would LOVE to see the curling, but it is on at such weird hours, I seem to have missed ever match so far. I DO think the mountains look good and represent the Olympics well.

    I hate to tell you this, but I absolutely HATE Merlot. If I have to drink wine, I want a very sweet, dessert type wine. And any Merlot is so far on the other end of the spectrum, it makes me almost gag to think of it. Sour, bitter, and dry are words I would use to describe any Merlot. However, I am glad you enjoyed it and shared it, along with your icy photos and latest fabric pages with us at T this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- you did get ice, didn't you? We have some on the ground so I know what you mean about walking across it. Augh! And your peppers looks delicious. I wish my hubby ate them because I have been hankering stuffed peppers. They are yummy! And wow, loving your stitch book. The hearts came out beautiful! Happy early T day Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ice has been a real experience as always! I love photos with the sparkle and shine but hate walking on it. Ours is melting fast today with the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fabric page with the hearts looks beautiful, the stitching looks awesome. The other page is also looking great I like your Olympics torch.
    Super icy photos, the wild animals must look forward to getting fed in the cold weather.
    It looks a delicious meal you made, I'd pass on the red wine, my drink of choice would be white wine.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ice is pretty, until you have to go out in it! Your stuffed peppers look really yummy...great way to warm up. And love your Valentine inspired page...so pretty. Very clever start to your Olympics page too. Happy Tea Day from one of the gang. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos of nature. I love your page with the mountain and the Olympic flame. Very cool! And detailed. I have been enjoying the Olympics as well. Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard about the awful ice by you-ugh! I am so afraid of walking on any kind of ice. We had a dark grey Sunday all day too but thankfully it was just rain.Those sweet deer. Wish I had them in my yard. Your stuffed pepper meal sounds so good and I'd even eat the bit of sausage in it:):) Beautiful fabric work as always! Watching pretty much of the Olympics too along with a glass of wine in the evening. Cheers and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the photos. I like the one of the deer. Love your vintage fabric work. Wow! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this february fabric page will turn out wonderfully in your book!
    i like how you managed to draw the olympic flame... oh my, it is so cold and windy there - but you can relate to this. the deers can be happy to have you!
    happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful photos and beautiful fabric work! Pretty hearts and a fabulous start of your Olympic page! Your cat looks cute - when you feed the birds, very interesting for a cat :)
    Happy T Day! Rike

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks so cold - brrrr! Thanks for the tour outside, Miss Calico is so cute and the deer really look like they are enjoying that watermelon too 😁. Your February pages are amazing, I love your hearts page - the red fabric is so pretty and looks wonderful with the vintage lace, stamping and embellishments 😁. Have you thought about linking it to our challenge over at Try it on Tuesday, it would be great to see you there 😀. The stuffed peppers look so yummy too, wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a beauty, thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊

      Delete
  15. I hope, the badest ice is over soon, but on photos winter can be very nice...
    Would like to touch your lovely fabric works and the food looks yummy, a Merlot I like too.
    Happy T-day from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  16. What nasty-looking weather, Kathy. I don't blame Miss Calico. Smart cat - cute too ;-)

    Your love page came out very pretty. I sort of like that the panel is off center. It's more eye-catching than a center mount.

    White puff paint on the mountain tops will be perfect.

    Happy T-day! hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  17. love looking at those deer and what a beautiful sewing project to keep you warm in side

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! It looks pretty but do be careful not to slip on the ice! The deer just make me sigh with joy so I don't know what they must do to you to see them so close! Your fabric journal pages are fabulous! Yes, we have been watching the Olympics - the timing is quite good for us and I love your torch! Merlot you say, sorry but I'll pass on that! Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  19. How wonderful to see deer from your window Kathy! I got excited to see a fox sleeping beneath our tree this afternoon.
    Your fabric pages are beautiful.
    Enjoy your Merlot, and happy T-Day xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kathy I am so pleased to see that you joined us over at Try It on Tuesdays. Your Heart page is amazing and fits our theme so well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brrrr. I get cold just looking at your photos. Poor you. It's good you feed the animals. I love seeing the photos of the deer. Eating water melons? In the middle of winter? Where do you get water melons at this time of year. Here they are a typical summer thing. They only grow in summer really as far as I know.
    Your sqaures are really coming on. It will be one amazing fabric journal when you are done.
    I'm not watching the Olympics as we don't have tv. But I get reports from my mother in Holland about how well the Dutch speed skaters are doing.
    I'll join you with the Merlot. Cheers!
    Happy Valentine's Day
    and a belated happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just popped back to say how pleased I am that you joined us at Try It On Tuesday!Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit