Monday, February 26, 2018

T Stands for Tuesday and Spinning Bison Roving Again

   Wow another Tuesday is upon us. This is where we share a drink related post with friends. You are most welcome to join us. Please visit our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth at the link in my right hand column.

  This last week was pretty much spending lots more time watching the Olympics. I really enjoyed the winter Olympics this time around. I had picked up the sport channel nbcsn in my satellite package so I was able to watch so many more events live and many many events not shown during prime time on just nbc Allot of exciting sports to watch.
   I did receive my Olympic pin and my Twilight movies in the mail last week, but not my light box. I got a notice late last week that it just got shipped and should arrive tomorrow (Tuesday)  
    So since I am still waiting for my light box to get here, I have still not been working on my fabric art journal. I do have several ideas to finish up my February pages though.

    I ended up stitching up just 5 of my hexagon rosettes while watching the sports. I have another one laid out ready to stitch but decided I needed a break from hand sewing. Soooo I grabbed my big bag of bison roving and started back on hand spinning some more. I would like to get it all spun before I decide what I want to weave with it-pretty much thinking some warm scarves.



This is really fragile to work with-breaks easily so this is getting spun a little bulkier. I am sure a more experienced spinner would get nicer yarn but I am happy with it. Makes me smile when I spin it and it is soooo soft.

We have had so much rain over the last few days-huge puddles of water every where and our long driveway is rougher than it was. Much flooding all over in my area.

    I did get a photo of a nice visitor-the young 4 point buck stopped by over the weekend with a doe. It was early in the day so no corn left for them. They walked around a bit and then left right away I was happy that just happened to look out the window while they were here.
  The green poking up is a thick row of daffodils that so much need to be dug up, seperated, and replanted-someday haha


This next photo was taken on one of the rainy cloudy days.



   Sunday I decided to make a blueberry upside down cake on top of the stove. I will share how I made it on my cast iron Friday post



   March 1st I will be walking in the virtual race for Yellowstone Park's birthday. I signed up for 3 miles and have not walked that for several months now.
   The weather today was in the mid 60's f so a perfect time to enjoy a walk. I guess I am so out of shape again that it took me an hour and a half instead of my usual hour. The air here is still quite heavy so that was part of it I think.
   I bought a hiking stick, which really keeps me from tripping on vines etc and is much lighter in weight than a tree branch-which I was using before.
   I brought along my water bottle-that was a gift from my author friend Peggy when I was in Yellowstone last May  So this is my drink I am sharing this time



And Miss Calico had to check out what I was photographing haha



Happy Tuesday everyone. So glad you stopped by

19 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you spin your own wool. That blueberry cake looks amazing! And so thick.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t nelieve you spin your own wool! And bison? Wow! I have to come back Friday for your recipe! I have a cast iron skillet I don’t use very often, because it is so heavy! On walking, I have worked up to 4 miles most days. I just finished the AT- virtually on Walking4Fun. Now I am walking the Tahoe RimTrail- virtually. I try to do the 3 miles in an hour. But when I don’t keep it up, I have to work back up to it! Thank you for stopping by already! Happy tea day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy T day Kathy!

    Many of our deer have lost their horns and are already growing their nubbies...So cute to see last years fawns growing their nubbies.. such cutie pie little boys..

    Your blueberry cake sure looks yummy...

    I hope to get out there and walk more this Spring too..

    Big T day Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always manage to get so much done, well done. I didn't get anything done this past week, but sometimes life's like that. Your cake looks fabulous. Enjoy your walking, a stick is a good idea. Have a happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember you mentioned the Bison wool Spinning before, and each time i´m so impressed... that really is something Special!
    happy t-day and happy Walking:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo of your animal visitors, , they are obviously very happy in your garden.
    The bison yarn looks a heavier weight of wool and will be, I think, warm to wear. Its a lovely colour.
    Good luck with your walk and I hope the weather will be kind on the day.
    Happy T day wishes, the cake looks delicious.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you've had a great week and yours bison wool looks so soft, I bet it will make the most amazing warm and cosy scarves too ๐Ÿ˜. Hope you light box turns up ok today and I can't wait to see you finished fabric pages ๐Ÿ˜‰. Your new walking stick looks wonderful and being light weight must make such a difference and you chose a lovely colour! You are such an inspiration supporting Yellowstone again ๐Ÿ˜. Wishing you and Miss Calico (grin!) a very happy T Day! J ๐Ÿ˜Š x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say that I have added you to my inspiration list on the sidebar of my blog - I hope that is ok with you ๐Ÿ˜. J x

      Delete
  8. The yarn you are spinning looks so soft, and I want to pet it. I love the surprise when you look out the window and see a creature there, just for you. Awww, Miss Calico is so sweet, and I want to pet her, too. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done you for keeping up with the walking. Like Sharon I do walking4fun. I am just finishing the Camino Francรฉs. (virtually of course) I will look at the Tahoe Rim trail and then I can walk it with Sharon.
    The bison wool looks great. You have shown it before and I was in awe then too. I bet it will be warm, whatever you are able to make with it.
    Your blueberry upsidedown cake looks scrummy. Looking forward to seeing the recipe on Friday.
    The 4 point buck looks very handsome. Lucky you got that.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. You truly are a spirit from another time with spinning your own wool, baking in cast iron, and doing fabric work. Your cake looks delicious. I have not tried baking in my cast iron skillet. The deer are a delight to see. I'm looking forward to getting more walking in too as the weather warms up a bit. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The deer is so beautiful and I am thrilled about all you show today here - you are such a creative spirit! A big inspiration.This cake looks delicious!
    Happy T-Day Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the deer and the blueberry cake..I could never do spinning though

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like you are keeping busy despite the rain. that cake looks amazing! I think you are a magician with cast iron cooking...and with spinning fiber too! happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many deer! Beautiful! I've had pineapple but not blueberry upside down cake. It looks tasty. I like your hiking stick. Something that lightweight would be nice to have. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're blueberry upside down cake looks so delicious. I bet with a scoop of vanilla ice cream it would be perfect-for me that is. And nice deer visiter. Better than the skunk here! :) You have lots going on and it sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck with your walk. How exactly do virtual walks work? I am curious. Hope it was a great T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bison wool looks fabulous - such a rich colour! Blueberry upside down cake does look delicious! Hubby and I love looking at your deer visitors! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am back from Missouri, where I spent two very sleepless days and nights. After returning, I crashed. Finally awake and drinking my first coffee of the day, I am thrilled to see you shared your T Tuesday experience.

    Wow, do I know rain. It rained both days I was in MO. At first there was sun and beautiful weather, then the clouds came and the rain, rain, rain. I even got stuck once in my back yard (MO yard). NOT A DROP fell in Wichita while I was gone!

    Lovely job with the rovings, and I was so thrilled to see you are starting your Friday cast iron posts. I hope they catch on, and I will support your efforts any way I can, even though I had to get rid of my heavy cast iron once my arthritis got so bad (when I was 19) in my joints.

    Thank you for your contribution to T Tuesday this week. I really enjoyed the water bottle, and look forward to your successfully completing your virtual Yellowstone marathon walk.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You needed a break from hand sewing, so you switched to hand spinning? Is spinning easier on the hands?

    Good luck with the virtual walk on the 1st, Kathy. I hope the weather cooperates and doesn't rain on your parade ;-)

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit