Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Beautiful Weather

   Lovely weather here the last several days. No rain so far which we could use but want to get more grass cut before it does.. I can see the end nearing-finally-a few more days of cutting. 

  I did make an upside down fresh apple cake yesterday morning-very delicious! I shared a quarter of it with our close-by friend that helps us a lot. I usually make us apple crisps so this was a nice treat. I used a Bob's Red Mill Gluten free yellow cake mix-used light olive oil instead of butter and added in more vanilla extract. The cake is very moist using the olive oil.

 Strange-Google is acting up and won't let me place the cursor under the photo so will close this post-Happy new week everyone

11 comments:

  1. Yep it is apple season for sure now. Your recipe sounds delish. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. That upside down apple cake looks so tempting! Hope the good weather stays :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks it was really delicious, I love apples too--weather still nice here

      Delete
  3. I am having visions of having that warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks yummy Kathy. It's apple season, isn't it? Enjoy your beautiful weather. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. as you can see by the previous comments, kathy, we would all have enjoyed a piece of the apple cake. Now, I will have to think about an apple dessert for the weekend cause it is apple time for vsure!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit