Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Food Wednesdays

 Welcome Everyone to our Food Wednesdays.

    I set up this linkup so we could share food with each other. No rules except to be kind to one another. This event is all about the Food-so you are welcome to share a post anything food related  a  favorite recipe or meal, cookbook, restaurant, what ever you wish to share.

   I have been wanting to bake a batch of coconut macaroons for awhile now, so I searched out some recipes. One in my Mom's collection was a recipe made with maple syrup-that one sounded really good but it had allot of maple syrup which would make the cookies high in sugar. Some were dipped in chocolate too which would be good, but I had dipped apricots and strawberries already. I also did not want to use a recipe that had condensed sweetened milk as an ingredient.

  I settled on a keto recipe that had just three ingredients-shredded unsweetened coconut, egg whites and a keto sweetener. 

   I found a bag of Whole Earth Erythritol that I had forgotten about in my pantry. This is the sweetener that Swerve and others use but I found this brand is less expensive, and no after effects, at least for my stomach. I did not make mine into balls but formed them on a soup spoon-I ended up with smaller and more cookies. Very pleased with the way they turned out-so a keeper recipe

  Very quick and simple to make-beat the three egg whites til stiff, then fold in the sweetener and shredded coconut form and bake


Ready to go into the oven-I had two of these baking sheets




Now it is your turn to share-please copy and paste the url to your Food Wednesdays post and not your blog url.  Since this is a new sharing event-please if you can, drop by again late on Wednesdays to visit everyone that linked up



25 comments:

  1. Many thanks for sharing this recipe, they look yummy.
    My grand-daughter recently made some Cheesy Twist Biscuits ... they were yummy too.

    Happy mid-week wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh this looks soo good. I have some coconut and some artificial sweetener. I am going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are one of our favourites, Kathy. Thank you for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly love your rules :-) Very well written and, btw.
    Yesterday I got out the sewing machine, finally and successfully even (!) shortened the expensive trousers Ingo got me and made a card for you using this as well and guess with what Ingo came home?
    Your (sewed) letter!!!!
    Isn´t it sometimes a bit spooky even?!
    Thank you, you made my day after the job-desaster! Big hugs!

    Food-wise. I had macaroons once.
    Oh.My.
    Waaaay too sweet. I felt so sick, LOL (but I ate the whole thing, don´t ask me why!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soooo happy you got your letter this time. Yes macaroons can be very sweet. This recipe uses sugar free shredded coconut, and a keto sweetener so these do not taste sweet so I think you would like them.

      Delete
  5. They look yummy Kathy! I bet they would have been heavenly with chocolate too!! Great pics! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes these would be good dipped in chocolate or with a drizzle of chocolate on top

      Delete
  6. I'm not sure I did this right, but this is my first contribution to your Food Wednesday.

    I was afraid the macaroons were going to have coconut in them, so I will appreciate your recipe, but won't be able to make them. I have NO idea why I suddenly was unable to eat coconut, especially the shredded coconut, because I used to eat Almond Joys and Mounds Bars. One day I found I could no longer eat them because I started swelling up and itched like crazy. I've heard your tastes change about every seven years, but I never heard you could suddenly become allergic to something you never had problems with in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Elizabeth, our bodies do go through changes I think over time, or we just don't realize the allergy at first. Yes your post was perfect and I am happy you shared your potato soup recipe with us

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing this recipe Kathy. I like coconut macaroons and I have some sugar substitute. I need to give this a try. They taste good in the spring for some reason. I hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right the macaroons do taste good for spring or even for Easter

      Delete
  8. You are brave to make your own macaroons. I tried a macaroon recipe a long time ago, but discovered that I prefer the ones that come in a can, and are very soft and chewy. I'm lazy -- if I like a ready-made food, I tend to buy it.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, there are many many different versions of recipes for macaroons-I wanted to make one sugar free so I am very happy with the results. I do buy gluten free oreo cookies though-smiles

      Delete
  9. I haven't had coconut in sooo long, and your macaroons look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you-I was happy with this recipe and would make them again

      Delete
  10. Finally remembered it was Food Wednesday. I seem to have lost my sweet tooth(unless there are dughnuts around)
    Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smiles-I made a apple-blueberry crisp yesterday-always nice to have a sweet around thank you for linking up Chris hugs

      Delete
    2. I actually do make desserts - mainly fruit based - apple/blueberry sounds like a good combination. Oh! and although I don't have lots, I do like to have some chocolate around - for emergencies of course xx

      Delete
    3. I actually do make desserts - mainly fruit based - apple/blueberry sounds like a good combination. Oh! and although I don't have lots, I do like to have some chocolate around - for emergencies of course xx

      Delete
  11. Looks so good, love coconut and seems easy to make. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit