Thursday, June 17, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays-Dips in Cast Iron

   Hi everyone, Welcome to my weekly post of recipes using cast iron.

   This is the perfect time of year to sit around a camp fire and cook or bake in cast iron pieces

  . Of course if you don't use cast iron, other cookware will probably work-but since I love all of my cast iron even if it now takes both of my hands and arms to move it around-that's ok for me.

   This week I thought I would search the web for dips or appetizers made in cast iron, perfect if you are out in your backyard with friends or family or off camping. Many of these will be great in the fall as well.


Queso Fundido with Chorizo

  This recipe popped into my email box from a Keto cast iron newsletter, and sounds really delicious




Spinach Artichoke Dip  this one has three different cheeses





Baked Seafood Dip with Crab, Shrimp and Veggies



Cheesy Miso Caramelized Corn and Pineapple Chili Dip

  

  I thought the one above sounded really good and something different too.









When I was searching for recipes-Wow there are pages and pages of them-would be fun to just hunt around for what you would like to make. These can all be baked indoors in your oven as well.

Hope you enjoy these posts as much as I enjoy looking around for new recipes using cast iron

12 comments:

  1. I love the sound of the Spinach/Artichoke Dip. I use similar cheeses and sauce when I make Mac and Cheese. About the only thing I don't cook in the microwave (grin)! I like the sound of the S'mores, too. It shows how versatile cast iron is. I just wish I could lift it because I know I'm missing out on a lot. Keep them coming, Kathy. I'm enjoying this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Elizabeth, you can usually switch out another heavier pan that you have in most cases. I am glad you are enjoying these posts-Happy Friday and weekend hugs

      Delete
  2. Your food is always looks soooo good, Kathy! Have a wonderful day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew you could do all that in cast iron. Are you going to make any of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. neither of us can do much cheese any more-sadly-but I love the smores dip especially for a crowd

      Delete
  4. Those dips look delicious. I never thought of a sweet dip either. Have a great start to your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks I like the idea of a sweet dip for desserts-would be fun if camping

      Delete
  5. The spinach artichoke dip sounds great. versatile to use on sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look good, especially the Spinach and Artichoke one.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit