Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Try It On Tuesday-Have Fun With Stencils

  I liked this theme, because I could just play in my craft room and not think too hard-haha.

   I have allot of stamps but just a few stencils, I like the small brass ones that I have. I also found a large plastic stencil that was a free gift from somewhere. I never cared for it much-but I thought I would use it today.
  I am not big on palm trees and I didn't like that the border on top was different on each side. That really showed up in the completed project.

   I decided to grab a piece of soft scrap leather and glue down in my art journal that I am using for these challenges.

  I also grabbed some metallic pens that are totally new to me. I bought them from Crayola just to try last fall when they had a big sale on their site.

  I also grabbed the birdhouse and bird stencil.

The metallic pens were probably not a good choice for this project because they have a wide point that was difficult to get into small places. and the pen did not quite make it through the whole stencil. I filled in the design with another pen otherwise you couldn't see what the image was suppose to be.

 



This piece of leather had character so I left the extra on to the left-



I decided to take a pen and outline the little bird-but now seeing the photos I liked it better before.


Thanks for stopping by to visit

25 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your gorgeous art piece on leather! Awesome stencil work!!! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece Kathy, great idea with the leather scrap. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply gorgeous, Kathy! What a lovely idea to use stencil and pens on a leather! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stencil on the leather. Perfect colors too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you I am liking this more now too-the colors did turn out well on the leather

      Delete
  5. Such interesting results, always a surprise when experimenting! I don’t own one stencil, and I should! I like your little birdhouse and bird.,

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool Kathy. Picking leather as your paper is really a surprise. And I love how it looks. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday! Hope you'll be back again. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika this was fun-the leather idea just popped in my head, I was looking for a cotton but didn't find easily what I needed so thought leather-these pens worked really good on it too

      Delete
  7. Birdhouse and bird stencil?
    Leather, wow, you ARE creative!!!
    A joy to see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stencilled leather page looks amazing Kathy!
    Alison xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun, and a great way to spend some of the stay-home time. Those of us with multiple hobbies are having an easier time filling our days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do-always something in my craft room calling my name haha

      Delete
  10. I really like this, a beautiful use of the leather piece. And the bird stands out better now. I like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad you like the bird better-I wasn't sure at first. This was fun

      Delete
  11. Kathy, I am coming back with my DT hat on to thank you for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is brilliant - the metallic colours look great on the leather! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous project Kathy, the metallic colours look amazing on the leather.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday,
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit