Thursday, February 6, 2020

One More Heart Journal Page for AJJ

   I was wanting to shovel some snow this morning but there was too much ice out there soooo I decided to make another heart page for Elizabeth's theme over at  AJJ

  I played around allot with the layout and I think I like the way it turned out. If you have any suggestions I am alway welcome to them as I am learning composition with the mixed media.

   I glued down two layers of the background tissue paper. The first layer was really showing the words on the page as I didn't think I would mind a few showing through but there were too many-so I glued on top another piece of this swirl design tissue paper.
   I stamped onto dried baby wipes-I bought a container of this as our Elizabeth is always using them-and I have discovered they work really well to clean up my stamps after use-easier then the bottles of cleaner I have been using and that cloth on top always tears off before I finish the bottle.

  I cut out the heart sentiment from a magazine and saved the cut offs and used them for design elements.

  Let me know what you think of this page It could have used another corner piece in the left hand corner but I did not have another one.


The journal I am using is a wide spiral with herb recipes


Maybe I should stamp another small heart and put it in that left bottom corner?




22 comments:

  1. With or without the extra heart in the corner, the page looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy this is a gorgeous page and its a lovely romantic quote you added.
    For me I would be leaving it as it is now, it looks beautiful.
    Yvonne xx
    oops forgot to say thank you for linking with us at Art Journal Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like this page also. Nice idea to stamp on dry baby wipes. It is a good way to recycle for sure. This challenge is fun with all those hearts, isn't it? Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the world's worst at composition. I never seem to follow the "rules" of composition, either. Having said that, you have created a lovely journal page. I like the close-ups, too. It's a lovely quote and beautiful gold that came through in your photos, too. Thanks for sharing another beautiful journal page with us at Art Journal Journey using my Hearts theme, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A heart certainly is better than dealing with stupid snow and ice!
    I have no real idea, but I don´t think it has to be symmetric - after all it´s not a math-problem ;-)
    I like the quote, and the "negatives" of the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Iris-I was think too hard on it after I have it all put together

      Delete
  6. Great job, Kathy! Leaving it as is works for me too. You’ve gotten past allowing your composition elements to relate to each other, to touch and overlap, beautifully. The next thing to try in composition is not to follow your instinct that wants you to fill every space, to make a piece totally symmetrical. Also, you already have an image on the tissue paper lower left anyhow. It’s the perfect place to stop. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS...I like the faint images showing through from the first piece of tissue. It’s an element in itself. Also, wondering, how do you use the Slinky? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's beautiful as it is-I wouldn't change anything! The colors are really nice together too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it like it is. It can be tempting to try to add too much, and I think your page avoids that. Just enough and perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much-sometimes I tend to add more so am learning

      Delete
  10. What a gorgeous page! I love the colour combination that you used, the contrast between the background and hearts works so beautifully 😊. I don't think it needs anything else added, it's perfect as it is! The quote is delightful too - I love it! Sorry I'm so late visiting, our yearly beer festival is in full flow at the moment ...lol 😉. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your page looks perfect Kathy! I love the quote too.
    Happy new week,
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit