Thursday, February 27, 2020

A New Journal Page

  Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

Yesterday was my all day out with a friend to the "big" city of Springfield Missouri to visit our accountant for taxes and then go out for lunch and visit craft stores.

I was good and did not pick up too many items. I didn't need fabric, couldn't find stencils I liked, but did pick up a couple new stamps.
   I printed off  40% off coupons for the both of us for three different stores and we went to two of the stores. I have been wanting a Paris stamp and found a few and chose this one.



I created another journal page in my recycled spiral cookbook-now mixed media journal. I will share it at AJJ for Hearts  theme and on Try it on Tuesday  for recycled or green. (green leaves in the paper, green heart, green ink for Paris stamp, green color pencil for table and chairs, recycled magazine pages for hearts)

Note: photos will enlarge just click on them



I am pleased with the results-I don't plan out any of my pages I just create what ever happens. I grabbed a couple stamps and went through my stash of papers. Now that I view my page in a photo-I should have overlapped the thin heart over on top of the chair.

I chose to use a sheet of paper with leaves and dried plants inside of it, that was in my gift box from Mia last year.  I glued that down to my journal page-then I had two strips of scraps so I stamped the Paris stamp in green and also black and decided to use the green. They both looked nice on the page. I also used one of the scraps to write Loving on to.
    I used scraps of recycled magazine pages to cut out the hearts. I then took some color pencils and added some greens to the table and chair  (That bit of purple in the upper corner of the Paris stamp is not yet dry glue that will dry clear.)

29 comments:

  1. Kathy, I am glad you had such a great day for shopping! Your Paris stamp is beautiful and you used it in a very creative way on this gorgeous journal page. I am happy to see that you also used the paper I sent you. I knew you would make something fabulous. And yes, you did!
    As for the colors, do you know that my favorite color is green? Oh, yes, it's true. So, I really adore your page. BIG HUGS, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mia, thank you so much for your lovely comments-Green is a beautiful color-hugs

      Delete
  2. Beautiful journal page, and a lovely Paris stamp. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great page, Kathy! Did you stamp the Paris stamp onto your homemade paper? It has a deckle edge look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was not my own homemade paper, but lovely paper from Mia (from Greece) that sent me Happy Mail last year. I do have a ruler I use for tearing papers edges

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a good day looking in the craft shops, the Paris stamp looks great.
    Your journal page is beautiful Kathy and I am so happy you have added this to Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yvonne, I have been wanting to pick up a Paris stamp and fell in love with this one. I thought my page perfect for tiot too hugs

      Delete
  5. A wonderful stamp and a really pretty page dear Kathy! You are such a talented person in so many ways! Happy weekend!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How absolutely ADORABLE, Kathy. The new Paris stamp is wonderful. I have a similar stamp, but mine doesn't include the postage cancellation. You created a genuine beauty and absolutely PERFECT for my theme at Art Journal Journey, as well as Try it on Tuesday's theme of Go Green. You did GOOD and I love how you used Mia's paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cute your journal has become from Paris and the Eiffel Tower ... you are in love with your wonderful work!
    Happy day , Elke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such a beautiful page! You captured Paris so beautifully and I'm loving your new stamp 😀. The paper with the leaves looks so fresh and pretty too, it reminds me of springtime in Paris sitting outside a cafe and enjoying the views - perfect! Wishing you a happy Friday and Weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ... forgot to say, thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday too with your fabulous page! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun way to wrap up the month of art journaling Kathy. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ. Have a great weekend. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Erika-we are to warm up the 60's with sunshine-awesome

      Delete
  11. A beautiful page Kathy, and that's a lovely stamp!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Project. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit