Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Hearts Journal Page for AJJ & Update on the Groundhog Movie I shared

  Today while watching the parade in Kansas City for the Chiefs (I discovered I had the NFL channel in my sports package so could watch this) and also listening off and on to the impeachment trial I worked on a journal page for AJJ with Bleubeard and Elizabeth's them: Hearts.

  I brought out different papers, and looked through my folder of magazine pages and with trial and error-made this double page.

  I found the rose paper so glued that down on my page-then played around with a magazine page that celebrated love and Valentine's with cast iron mini heart cakes and roses. I wanted to use the cast iron image so decided to make a second page. The roses and quote were all on the cast iron magazine page.
   I stamped down two different hearts and added the dark chocolate quote from the cellophane  paper that was inside a chocolate candy box.
  I also glued down a page under the cast iron hearts.

Note: all photos will enlarge just click on them





  I am really happy with this journal spread and was fun to put together.

We also have a wintry day-a coating of ice then about 4 inches of snow and will continue to snow off and on through the night.  The weather people had changed the total to up to 8 inches of snow so we'll see. I was going to shovel off the driveway late this afternoon but the temperature dropped and was very windy-don't need to get sick out there.


Stay warm and safe everyone-this storm is headed east

Oh and I have not seen this commercial on tv yet but just found it on facebook-my sister in law shared it. This is based on the Groundhog movie I shared over the weekend-love this-so fun.


13 comments:

  1. Wonderful journal pages, Kathy. I like them both. I felt a food theme with the cast iron hearts and the the chocolates. I really like that page because of the stamped hearts and the roses. Thanks for joining in again at Art Journal Journey with my hearts theme, dear.

    Looks like you got more snow than I got. I think it's too cold to snow here. Temps averaged +2 F last night and were in the mid 20s F today. Looks like your forecast and mine are similar temperature wise.

    I laughed at the Groundhog Day Jeep commercial, even though I've never seen the original movie. Like you, I've never seen this on TV. It would have been great for the Superbowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I don´t think I could work on a hearts-based theme listening to your "potus"!
    Yet - it came out very beautifully! I remember one Valentine´s Hubby came home with a heart-shaped pizza, yum!

    Ohhhhh!!!! I loooooove that ad! Thank you so much for sharing, wee, that must´ve been fun!
    Guess I´ll just have to watch the movie tonight! So cute! I had to watch it twice and will show Hubby (bet they don´t bring it on here on TV...).
    "Emotional support", LOL.
    Thank you and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous double spread i your journal, love it. Stay warm and cosy! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charming and delicious spread. I can feel the taste of cookies and roses :)
    We got last night the first snow here in South Finland. It's very late.
    Have a nice day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice journal pages and I love the commercial!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, Kathy! Especially so on this wet gray day. I believe you that the storm system is heade d our way here in NJ, but like so many other times this winter, it will be rain. Som how long before you bake something heart-shaped? :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pages. I saw the Jeep commercial on Facebook the other day. Really made me laugh. So very clever. We're getting sleet and freezing rain this morning. It's supposed to turn to rain by this afternoon. As you said, we'll see. Be careful shoveling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So disappointed..... We only ended up with a dusting of snow... but even that is pretty... Stay safe and warm my friend... Love your pages! So fun! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Ice and then 4 inches of snow?! They're "predicting" snow for us, but I'm not believing them. That commercial was cute, wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this double spread! It's gorgeous Kathy!
    Stay warm!

    Big hugs from Austria

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy your journal pages look beautiful and those heart shaped cookies looked delicious, a great way to use the photo on a journal page.
    Stay safe in the snowy weather.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look like you have about the same weather as we do. Just yucky. But your page is very cool. I love how you added the cast iron part. I have a heart pan and I should use it this weekend. Oh and I loved that groundhog movie commercial. It was really funny. Thanks so much for sharing this page with us at Art Journal Journey. Much appreciated. Hugs-Erika (Oh and good to see you art journaling too!)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit