Sunday, November 10, 2019

Veterans Day

We honor our Veterans today.

   and No it's not taking advantage of those sale ads on the tv-I really get so tired of all those ads now for the different holidays-instead of celebrating what the day is for.

   Although there are many business's now celebrating our Veterans with free breakfast, coffee and more. Thank you to all of them for honoring and thanking our veterans.

  There is a difference which many confuse-our Veterans are living amongst us, Memorial Day is for the Lost- giving their ultimate price for our Country.

  more information about Veterans Day and lots of links here and here

I give my special Viet Nam Veteran an extra hug today and thank him for his service-he served 3 tours

Thank yous to all of our Veterans





Image result for veterans day photos

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you about those sale commercials. I get really tired about everything being a retail as thought that's all these days were created for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing, Kathy. I tune the ads out, so was surprised by you mentioning it. However, I have been aware for awhile that during and around any holiday, the ads come out for big ticket items especially.

    It's amazing, too how people get Memorial Day and Veterans Day confused. Thank you for also remembering with this wonderful tribute to all Vets today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, unfettered Capitalism lol -exploiting every opportunity to make a buck. But I agree sometimes they go too far. I appreciate you pointing out the Memorial Day/Veterans Day difference. I so often see them conflated into the same focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful heartfelt post Kathy. A special day to give thanks and appreciate what the
    day should mean to us.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit