Monday, November 18, 2019

T Stands For Tuesday Friends and Good Eats

Happy Tuesday everyone,
   T is where we share a drink related post and link up with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth. You are most welcome to join us.

   After the wintry cold where the lake of the ozarks was the coldest ever recorded, we came back to more seasonal temperatures. This past weekend was also opening deer hunting weekend when we have hosted allot of friends for hunting in the past, but mostly friendships and lots of really good foods  The guys were going to have one more gathering but the week before most could not come. Our close friends from Wisconsin wanted to get away, wanted to see us-it's been over a year now, and see the lake house.
   So, it was really great catching up with them again. Marie makes those delicious cheesecakes every year for Larry's birthday (October birthday) and we cook and grill well together in the kitchen.
    Marie has been into visiting wineries all over the country so she usually has a list for us to check out. One was closed although their site online said they were open, so we drove to another one. We also went to our favorite grocery store again to pick up awesome filet mignons, shrimp, and other good stuff. So it turned out to be an extremely long day for Larry.
    Sunday we all just slept in, ate, drank wine, watched games, visited and drank more wine, and then grilled up fajitas.
   Of course I totally forgot about taking photos til the fajitas

There is a skillet full of refried black beans with tomatoes and chilis on the back burner.


She grilled up two of these flank steaks


I have a few drink references this week-this is the wine we drank over the weekend.
    The one on the far left is a bottle that Larry picked up several years ago for the 150th anniversary of the civil war when he visited a friend that lives close to Gettysburg-that was an exceptional bottle of (expensive) wine, so was nice to share with good friends.
    The middle bottle Marie brought down with her-one of the wines she picked up when she did her girls weekend out exploring wineries in Indiana. I was brought up in Indiana so she thought of me. and the other bottle I have shared before-from Aldi another really good red wine
   I was also drinking my decaf coffee through out the weekend too


When we picked up the food for the weekend, Marie's husband grabbed a 6 pack of this locally brewed beer-out of Springfield, Mo they said it was really delicious. (I took this photo looking into the frig.)

 
 We used the whipped cream on top of warmed up apple-pear crisp that I had made.

This was my wine glass from the civil war red wine, and Larry's ice tea


All weekend we were enjoying the views on the lake-canada geese, pelicans, numerous different ducks which we were trying to identify and a few boats too.

I guess now that the boaters are gone the water fowl have returned. We see them every day now.  We also saw an eagle fly down close to the window-that was very cool.

This seems to be the spot the canada geese really like-they sit up on the slate rocks or the grass for awhile and then swim around and return




While doing the laundry today, I worked a bit on my embroidery for the seat covers  I didn't like the way the small fish turned out so took all that out. will re do


and for some reason last week one day out of the blue I decided I wanted to see if I could learn how to do calligraphy. Have often thought of it for my handmade cards, so with the help of our CJ, I picked up just one pen instead of the whole set of sizes to see if I could do this first, a book, and paper. In the mail I got two of the items today, the book and pen. I think I will try the Italic first. Oh and still need a couple things to figure out my angles for holding the pen correctly-I need to look into that more before I start practicing




I showed our friends where the eagles sit up in the trees when they visit-so we kept a look out for them-of course this one showed up around our dinner time-2 pm. today after our friends had left to drive back home to Wisconsin in the early morning.



Happy T everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your new home with good food, drink, and friends! Fajitas- yum!! Just wondering- did you try to take off/keep those wine labels? First thing that came to my mind when I saw the photo:):) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am going to soak off the wine labels from Indiana and the one with the horse, and keep the civil war bottle

      Delete
  2. Oh, it looks like you are enjoying your lake home. I am enjoying your photos of your view and what fun to see eagles on a regular basis. Too bad the eagle showed up after your guests left. So nice to have guests see your new home. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking I should get my mail before I started my T rounds. I suddenly realized I hadn't gotten it since last Thursday. Needless to say, I had a TON of envelopes in my mailbox, along with some ads, etc. One of those came from YOU! Now I can't possibly tell you which day, but it was toward the back of the box, so I would say either Friday or Saturday. I have been so busy, I just haven't had time to check much of anything. I'm organizing, moving, and rearranging everything in my office, so I've only been out long enough to eat, shower, and do my "business." I've not been on the computer much, either, so I am sorry that I didn't realize your card had come. I GUESS it's a card since I have yet to open it. I'll try to remember to share it next Tuesday.

    Back to your T post. This was fun and I'm glad you were able to spend time with your friend. It was also great you could share the lake and the eagles, too.

    Fajitas sound wonderful. I really MUST eat now that you have made me so very hungry.

    Those different wines are amazing and I love how they held such great memories for the three of you. I'd save the labels, too. Thanks for sharing your time with your friend, the food, the photos, and the wine with us for T this almost Tuesday. BTW, now I have your address (grin)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely that your friends finally managed a visit to your beautiful home,
    My DIL bought me a calligraphy set years ago, I didn’t have much luck with it, hope you manage to do it as I really think it always looks so beautiful, maybe I didn’t have enough patience! My husband would agree with that.
    Have a great T day, Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmmm, fajitas sounds so tempting, sadly Hubby is not into Mexican food.
    But I have black beans right here, so... a plan for next week!
    Funny. We just had a coffee-beer from our local brewery, yum!

    I repeat myself. Your lake is beautiful.
    I think the fish is cute. And I wish you a happy T-Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great time when your friends visited, and wonderful food and drinks, too. I haven't had a steak for 15 years - too expensive in a restaurant, and I'm not good at frying meat. Have fun with your new pen! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to spend time relaxing with visiting friends. The food you all made looked delicious. I like the labels on the wine bottles. I look forward to seeing your redone fish embroidery. I hope you're having fun trying calligraphy. It figures the Bald Eagle would show up after your friends left. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been having lots of fun Kathy. Getting together with friends is always a good thing, even if you didn't end up having your hunting week get together. A bit of a switch up but maybe better for your husband? How is he doing? Happy T day. Hope you don' get any more record setting cold. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased that you had a great time with your friends, I bet it was so nice to see them and catch up! Fajitas is one of my favourites and also, that cheesecake sounds delicious too, I always enjoy cooking with friends too 😁. Nice to see the lake views and Eagle too! Sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun weekend of friends and delicious food. Love those wine labels. The lake looks chilly, but peaceful. Guess that's why the geese are enjoying themselves. Have fun with the calligraphy pen. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you had a very good time with your friends visiting you at the Lake house. delicious food nice drinks and good company. The photos were lovely.
    You have me thinking to look for my calligraphy pen and have a try using it again, my first efforts were a mess.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't enjoyed these record-breaking cold temps, and I imagine it feels even colder on the lake. Your laid-back Sunday sounds like a real treat. I'd be in for your entire "schedule" lol, especially with that view as a feature. I've done some italic lettering and enjoyed it, and I taught that handwriting style to the kids when they were little just using regular pens. It makes a lovely hand, I think. I'm so excited that you get eagles! Happy T Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was reading Erika's T post and saw her ale. It hit me I forgot to ask where in the world your friends found that coffee stout. Now THAT is a beer I would gladly drink!!!!

    I also forgot to mention that our low a few nights ago set a new record that was set in 1911.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a really good time with your friends. Lots of nice foods and wine and good company. I'm sure they like your new house and the lake.
    Sounds like hubby is making good recovery.
    How exciting to start learning calligraphy.
    But even more exciting that you saw an eagle. Though what a pity that your friends had just left. (Perhaps the eagle did it on purpose)
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Coffee stout !!! That sounds amazing. What a glorious trip you had. love your photos and your run down of the trip.
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun-filled weekend you had, Kathy. They must be that special kind of friend. When you get back together everything falls right into place. Building up lots of fond memories. I enjoyed reading about your fun.

    I just bought a calligraphy set because it was at a great price. Isn't that funny? I've been inspired by CJ too.

    Belated Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice to spend time relaxing with visiting friends.
    I enjoyed seeing your photographs, it looks very peaceful by the lake.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit