Thursday, November 7, 2019

Sharing a No Flour Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

  I just finished baking up this big batch of cookies. I froze two tins and saved one out to eat.
  These turned out so delicious I wanted to share. Sometimes when you are trying to make something a bit more healthy it doesn't turn out-but these were a success and Larry even loves them

   I had been searching online for a flourless oatmeal cookie. I found one that didn't sound too bad but for the ingredients listed very little cookies. Then I remembered I thought my Mom used to bake up flourless cookies once in awhile. So I went looking in those recipes-and there it was.
    She used peanut butter and I changed that to almond butter (nothing added just almonds) and of course I changed the sugars to keto sugars, the butter to coconut oil, I used old fashioned gluten free oats, and I used dark choc. chips and dark choc. chips with no sugar added.

Here is the dough


Just taken out of the oven   Amazed me how nice they baked up


and the final cool down on a rack


These taste as yummy as they look

Mom's Peanut Butter No Flour Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie

1/2 cup butter---I changed to 1/2 cup coconut oil
18 ounces all natural peanut butter (nothing else added) I changed to Almond                                      butter-also nothing else added
1 1/2 cups sugar--I changed to white keto alcohol sugars
1 1/2 cups brown sugar--I changed to 1 cup coconut sugar and 1/2 cup Lakanto                                            golden (monk fruit and erythritol) my new favorite
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 cups quick oatmeal--I used 4 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
2 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 ounces chocolate chips--I used 60% cacoa choc. chips and keto dark choc.                                         chips with no sugars
I also decided to add 1/4 cup golden raisins-I think dried blueberries or cranberries would be good too, or even a few cracked nuts

Beat butter (or oil), peanut butter (or almond butter) til fluffy (mine did not get fluffy perhaps the butter would, so I mixed well for about 5 minutes).
Add the sugars in slowly beat well after each addition
Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract-I added one egg in at a time and beat
In a seperate bowl add the oats and baking soda-stir together-than hand stir into the batter. at this point if you think your dough can handle more oats go ahead more as the recipe calls for 6 cups. my oats were very large
Stir in the chocolate chips and the other add ins

I lined my pans with parchment paper first
Drop by tablespoons onto the sheet.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees f  9-10 minutes In my oven 11 minutes was perfect.

Take out and let rest on pan for 5 minutes-this is important-or you will not get them off the pan
Then transfer to wire rack and finish cooling.
Makes 7 dozen cookies.

Enjoy

10 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks!!!! I will definitely be baking these. But, just wondering where I can find the gf oats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy allot online, got in the habit of doing that since we always live so rural-and usually cheaper too. many grocery stores carry items like this, or I love amazon, even ebay, vitacost is an excellent source of gluten free items, Bob's Red Mill gluten free products are very good-I buy many of those from vitacost for allot less money or if you don't need to have gluten free-use regular rolled oats-Quaker is always good and they do have gluten free now too

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the information. I do have to eat gluten free. I sometimes get tired of black-eyed peas, a slab of meat, and other veggies and want something sweet.

      Delete
  2. The cookies look great, thanks for sharing. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at these cookies you would never know they had no flour. They look amazing and I'm imagining how good they must have smelled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't believe these cookies didn't have flour. They look just like some I might bake. Only yours aren't burnt, like often happens when I bake (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies do look tasty. I've always used the recipe on the Oatmeal box lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. These oatmeal cookies look very yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe 😁. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those look yummy. I think I'd stick with peanut butter over the almond butter, but I love the idea of no flour. Thanks for sharing. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit