Monday, June 3, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday Projects at the Lake House, Gold finches, Yellowstone

Still raining here in Missouri-but we no longer have the severe flooding as Arkansas has-prayers for all affected.

Tuesdays we gather together at our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth and share a drink related post with friends. You are most welcome to join us find link in my right hand column

We are still working at the lake house-the move is going slower than we had hoped, but we have had soooo much rain here still which continues, and our projects are getting finished-but not going as fast as we had hoped.
  Hubs has many health concerns and right now it is his heart. He had a couple tests in April, and we just had the follow up visit on May 30th. I don't understand why when his heart health is in question right now that the doctor gives us the results a month later. They gave us results over the phone but nothing of the seriousness was even mentioned; that he has a heart valve that needs repaired-he goes in for another eco something test where if the repair is simple they can fix it at that time or he will need surgery. That will happen on the 20th of this month.
  Hubs has been very tired and is too pale for sure. but of course he is doing work he shouldn't be-He is someone that always pushes forward to get the job done no matter what. I think most of our men are like this.

  Any ways I didn't help matters by banging my foot into a solid oak table a few days ago-I am sure I broke a toe or two-I took a photo but it was so awful no need to share haha
    Pretty black and blue for the whole top half of my foot and most of the toes, and very swollen. One toe bright red and crooked. It's been a week now and still hurts pretty bad-I have managed to get the kitchen tiles regrouted which has been a real chore. The grout does not want to "stick" well in many places. It looks pretty but not sure how it will hold up. I don't think the previous owners used tile grout so that's the problem. and sitting on the floor working there are many tiles broken which we had not seen-fine cracks. No way do we want to add more work for ourselves right now by re doing this floor. They used cement to stick the tiles down instead of the right product for tiling-I think that's why some have cracked.
  Most of the tiles had the grout too low and some to the top of the tile-so this job has taken me several days. Today I sealed the grout so will see if it needs another coat tomorrow. Then we can move my Grandma's Hoosier cabinet on that wall by the door-and to the left I am hoping my new rack for the cast iron pieces will fit. On that wall there is sliding glass door to another room.




   Over the weekend, Hubs called out that the goose family was swimming by-I grabbed my camera and got outdoors just in time to see most of them-the youngsters really grew since the last photo.






We found someone to cut our grass which I am happy about, they cut today.

Over the weekend I turned on the a/c as it was very humid and approaching 90 f degrees. Good thing the guys were working in the basement-as no sooner did I turn it on then they were yelling to turn it off-freon and other stuff was pouring out-ugh  We have called two a/c companies so far and no one has returned our calls-so that is something that has to get fixed and soon. We knew the unit looked old but wasn't expecting it to "blow up" when turned on. oh well rather it happen now than in the middle of summer.

Our friend surprised us with a fire ring-this was originally used for water for cattle There is no bottom-so we filled the bottom with rock and sand and need more of those triangle rocks to go around a couple times-I love it Nice and deep and safe for a fire-we will love this during autumn.



We are really enjoying sitting at that patio table for our lunch or little breaks with watermelon or other fresh fruits. I am making food for us now instead of eating out.  Really fun watching all the different boats go by. Things have calmed down sooooo much since Memorial Day weekend Allot less bugs here at the lake too-so far no ticks or chiggers like in the woods-Loving that.

Lots of these little boats-I don't know what they are called but they go fast and the younger people like to ride over the bigger boats waves-so fun to watch them.



Back in the woods-lots of goldfinches at the niger seed feeders-especially the males that are in full color now. I took this photo just as it was getting dark



For my beverage reference I made a drink similar to the recipe that Divers and Sundry shared last week.  Instead of the soda I used pink grapefruit sparkling water by Perier and a squirt of agave for a bit of sweetner.


I also wanted to share a surprise package from Yellowstone Forever-the non profit for Yellowstone Park.  For my charity giving I like to donate to conservation efforts and I love Yellowstone so much that I give to them a couple times a year. For their last fund raising event they were giving out 200 gifts-and I got one. So this was a great surprise. I loveeee the bag especially-a large canvas bag-and I love bags for my craft projects.



They also included a hat, a candle, coffee, and a bottle of fragrance that captured the essence at Yellowstone in different locations of the park-I looked it up and wow this one is selling for over $40.00 a bottle 
  This was very awesome fun mail for me



Happy T everyone!!

15 comments:

  1. Slowly but surely you'll get the new house fixed up just the way you want. The kitchen floor looks great. I love the blue grout! the rain has stopped for us, and we had a couple of warmer days, but then a cold front moves through and it's chilly again. Still too cold in the morning to have my first cuppa in the sun room. I'll take your hot temps! The fire pit looks real nice, but I'd rather sit at the patio table or bring my work outside. Fabulous treasures from Yellowstone. Happy mail, indeed. I love the black bear tote. Have a Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you both make it through the pre-move work. Sounds like you could both use a little TLC and maybe a nice bit of relaxing by the water. But your floor looks fantastic. Glad to hear you are moving forward. Your drink looks and sounds as good as the one on Diver's and Sundry's. And what nice mail. That looks like a great package. Happy T day Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing all goes well for your hubby. Sounds like he really should slow down a bit until it's all figured out. Your home is getting along further with each step you take- big or small:) Yes, I love seeing those gold finches so vibrant- another sure sign of Spring! and wow- what a nice gift you received from Yellowstone. Enjoy, and happy T day

    ReplyDelete
  4. It pays to give, doesn't it? Yellowstone is grateful for your service. They are certainly good to their supporters.

    I'm really worried about your husband. I hope he gets the care he obviously needs this time around. I know it's hard for him to slow down, but I hope he takes this set back to heart.

    I can't believe you did all that grouting sitting on the floor. So good that you possibly performed a stop gap. I hope you have corrected the problem, at least for the time being. I look forward to seeing your Grandmother's Hoosier in place, too.

    Your drink sounds good. Make mine a virgin and I'll have one, too. Thanks for sharing the week at the Lake House and your drink with us for T this Tuesday. So glad you are not in the flood plain, like our Arkansas friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry it's taking so long to get the big move done. It's sad that your hubby isn't well at this time, and I hope very much they can help him soon. You got a great gift from Yellowstone and the fire ring from your friends looks fantastic. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. step by step, take your time... oh i wish we had gold finches here:))
    happy t-day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope all will be well for your husband, it must be worrying for you, especially as he still wants to get to work on the new house for your move.
    Look after yourself as well your toes sound very painful.
    The floor tiles are looking great and the fire pit outside looks a good size.
    Your surprise package looks wonderful, a fantastic bag as well as the other contents.
    Happy T day wishes Kathy
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your hubby, fingers crossed that they can sort out the valve on 20th so he doesn't have to go back again! Also your foot sounds painful, having burst my toes like grapes from falling down the stairs I know how painful it can be, I do hope you are on the mend and feeling better soon 😀. Your tiled floor looks amazing, you've done such a fantastic job! It must be lovely to sit out on your deck for snacks and lunch too!I love your new fire pit, such an amazing gift and I can see you enjoying that at autumn time! Wow, your happy mail is amazing too! You got so many goodies, as you know I love Yellowstone and that bag with the Bears caught my eye - wonderful 😁. Sending you happy T Day wishes! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry your husband isn't doing well. The new grout on the tiles looks good. I like your fire ring pit. The yellow birds are beautiful. What a great surprise to get in the mail, from Yellowstone. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry your hubby is having these continuing health problems but trust the treatment will put him quickly on the mend. It's hard when there's so much to do and he wants to be doing it :(

    There are always surprises with a new house, but it's a shame they didn't use appropriate materials in their work. That makes fixing problems so much harder.

    Even when I put out thistle the goldfinches ignore us :( They do sometimes drop by but never longer than one day. Then they're gone. I'm so happy that yo get to see them like this. They are such gorgeous birds!

    Your recipe looks good. I'll stick with the Squirt, since I now have a dozen cans of it lol The grapefruit sparkling Perrier is something I'll remember, though. I think this is a refreshing summertime drink :) Thanks for mentioning me :)

    That's quite the prize! Such a variety, and that's a great design on the bag. I like bears :) The fire pit looks perfect. It'll be an enjoyable spot. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous prize from Yellowstone, Kathy! Congratulations. Your tile floor looks great - good for you.

    BUT, you both need to take care of yourselves. Please try to slow down. I've broken both elbows in different falls and both were caused by my rushing. Slowing down and paying better attention to what's around me are hard lessons for someone who has always been very active. I believe in prayer so I'm saying prayers for your hubby. It can't hurt.

    I love the fire pit. That is so cool!

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope all goes well with your hubby's heart valve problem. Men find it so difficult to slow down when they have to. Let's hope they will find a minor problem on the 20th.
    And then you with those swollen sore toes. Oh dear, how awful. It must be so painful.
    You did a fantastic job with the grouting. It is not the most pleasant of jobs. It pays to use the proper products.
    The fire pit is awesome! And the triangular stones look fab around it.
    For now you are able to relax on the patio and watch the (lake) world go by. Bliss.
    What a wonderful surprise from Yellowstone Park. They obviously appreciate the people supporting the work and you were one of the lucky ones to get a gift pack. Well deserved I say!
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope all will be well for your husband Kathy, yes, I also think it will be better if he goes slowly, health is first. I also hope you will recover soon, take care.
    This floor is amazing, and I can imagine you have a lot of work. The gifts from Yellowstone are wonderful, enjoy them. Happy belated t-day!
    I wish a nice Thursday, big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  14. The small watercraft are called jet-skis or in some places wave-runners. They can be dangerous, are able to go extremely fast and have been regulated in most places. Like all boats, if handled conscientiously, they are wonderful fun to watch. We had many on our NJ bay, but it’s a huge body of water, so less dangerous. Most of your comments seem to advise slowing down. There’s always so much to do, but health has to come first. Broken toes don’t usually need treatment, but a crooked toe would cause me to have it checked. Healing in a crooked way could easily cause painful problems down the road. I’ve taken a few falls lately myself. Thankfully, nothing broken, but it’s a heads up about being more careful. I will not wear sandals or go barefoot anymore. We’ve chatted about Larry’s problems by email, and I’m wishing he could be seen and evaluated sooner. I’m sure you will keep him resting as much as he can. Your floor looks GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice surprise from Yellowstone! I particularly like the bag.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit