Saturday, June 8, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

  Saturdays are movie sharing day, I got the idea from CJ and Elizabeth joins in too.

  I did not have a movie in mind this week. I did watch on HBO The Deadwood movie which was the follow up of the series from 16 years or so ago. This was an excellent show (if you can get past all the swearing) and it was language and period correct, based on historical facts with excellent acting and director.  The show was a success but for some reason which I don't remember why now abruptly ended. It was amazing that they brought back all the original characters.
   Anyways figuring this one was not on the big screen I decided not to share-but see I actually did lol   If you have HBO it's there or probably can stream it.

Elizabeth shared Legally Blond which was really a good movie, fun and addressed allot of social issues as well. I really liked it and have watched it several times.  So I decided to share:

Legally Blond 2 which is the follow up and also addressed issues-testing on animals.



More about the movie here  and Here

from online:   Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon) journeys to Washington, D.C., to have her say about animal rights, but is ignored by every politician she encounters and quickly learns that the White House can be even tougher to navigate than the Ivy League. Finally, Elle makes the acquaintance of sympathetic Rep. Victoria Rudd (Sally Field), who helps the young lawyer get her foot in the door of Congress. Unfortunately, Elle still has to convince the entire legislature to hear her out.


Trailer:





Happy Saturday afternoon at the movies

7 comments:

  1. I like both 1 and 2 of this series. They may not be award winners but they are fun and well donee films. Happy Saturday. Hugs-Erka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen the second one, and had just seen the first one only a few weeks ago. So glad you shared this, because I was SURE this was not the "comedy" it was intended to be, especially if it's anything like the first one. Thanks for this, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen the Legally Blonde movies. It's interesting to read how you and Elizabeth saw them and hear about the issues raised in the films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Elizabeth did a really good review on the first one-these were entertaining but also got a message across as well and I love this actress too

      Delete
  4. HI there kathy!!!

    Never watched Deadwood the series or the movie...i don't think i could have got past the swearing.. lol Now Legally Blonde was a movie i went to the theater to see the first time with my teen daughter.. totally expecting to hate it as i'm not a comedy person but i LOVED it we laughed like loons thru the whole movie.. we had a great time.... i've seen it several times since then and still love it. Now the second one i did not like as well.. The comedy that seemed so funny and natural in the first movie felt forced and fake in the second movie.. go figure.. But still love Reese! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've seen the sequel. I do like Reese Witherspoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually the only movies I watch are ones my husband turns on and then he winds up leaving the room so I finish them. But honestly can't even remember the last one I saw. I never thought I would be into YouTube videos as I was late to that party :) but I've found so much inspiration there for many things I enjoy so that's where I spend my time when I want to watch something interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit