Friday, June 7, 2019

A Book Review

A couple weeks ago in a post I had asked what you all were reading.

  I wrote some of your book suggestions down; the book I wanted to search out first was  The Travelling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa which I believe was shared by Lisca.

  At the time when I was looking  for this book, the price for a hard cover was on the high side-averaging $15.00 or more and the ebook was high as well.
    I did end up winning a bid on ebay for around $10.00  Now that I was just searching for a photo-there are choices around $6.00 plus shipping. So right now the price seems to be a little less.
   Once we get moved I will check out the county library and find out how it works for ebooks and hopefully the membership will be free there too.
   I am glad that I bought this book and will love seeing it on my bookshelves.

   This book was written in Japan and translated to English. I don't want to give anything away in this story. but it was really well written.
    It took me about half way through the book to see where the story was going. by the end I was crying with real tears-If you are someone whom loves your family furry member as much as you would a person you would love this book.





Quotes from the jacket cover:

"Anyone who has ever unashamedly loved an animal will read this book with gratitude, for its understanding of an emotion that ennobles us as human beings, whether we value it or not" from Lynne Truss The Guardian

"Like the very best cats, Hiro Arikawa's inventive tale sneaks up on you and works it's way into your heart on it's own terms. Once it does, it doesn't let go" by Steven Rowley of Lily and the Octopus


5 comments:

  1. You had me at cat. You surely know how much I love my two!! Glad you enjoyed the book. Hope you find the library near where you live meets your expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great book. The cover is beautiful. Have a great weekend, look after yourself. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ears perked up. Now where did I put my library card?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of this one, but I googled the author and she's well-reviewed and has won awards. Thanks for the heads-up on her :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit